Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Being a Role Model

Tonight was the last Women's Bible Study for the year- we follow the school year cycle, so now we are off for the summer. I have not been in a women's bible study for a few years and I only joined this one to pass the time until the Little Bug came home- fully believing that he would come home in the middle of the first session and I would be off the hook. Yes, can you see it coming, God's sense of timing and his humor.
We studied 2 books this session: "The Keys to a balanced life" and "Spiritual Authencity". The Balanced life session was good, but the Authenticity session was what I really needed to hear and study. Tonight has we finished up, one of the last questions was "what have you learned from this session?"

My response: I have learned that there will be little eyes and little ears watching and listening to me ina few weeks and I am his model of who Christ is. If the Little Bug is to come to know Christ as his savior, then I have to model Christ's behaviors to him from the very beginning and I am falling short already. I need to be praying daily, I need to be in the Bible studying daily, I need my quiet time with God daily. Right now, I pray as needs come through on my emails- which is much more than I have done in the past, but I still do not have a consistent time to sit and read God's Word or to be with him. So starting tonight, I will be sitting in the rocking chair in the Little Bug's room, reading aloud God's Word and spending time with him who made me. he who has a perfect plan and whose timing on bringing the Little Bug home is perfect.
I know that everything that I have gone through to bring the Little Buf home is part of a perfect plan- I might not like the timing of the plan some days, but it is perfect. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.

I pray that the Little Bug feels my love, that his foster family is safe and protected and I pray that his birth mother knows that he is loved and that she will always be an honored member of the Little Bug's family. May 10th is mother's day in Guatemela, and I think I will start lighting 2 candles, one for his foster mother and one for his birth mother. Without them, the Little Bug would be lost and I am forever grateful for their love and sacrifice for him.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

2 comments:

Michelle Smiles said...

I think of Sabrina's birth mom every day - I am so thankful to her and to her foster mom. I can't imagine the strength it takes for them to do what they do.

Anonymous said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful message. I pray that you get news of your embassy appointment soon and that you can hope on that plane ASAP and bring that little bug home!!

Caryn