Saturday, May 26, 2007

36 hours and counting

I am as ready as I think I can be, although I still have not cleaned the bathrooms. I will have to ask my mom if I liked to clean the bathrooms when I was little. Maybe there is a trauma lurking back there that is causing me to avoid cleaning them?

I have finished packing- reorganizing the packing is really more like it. I put the stroller together. I found it interesting that the only tool needed to put together the stroller was a hammer. It certainly was not what I would have thought. I have to mention, this is the stroller that my choir squad gave me at my shower 02Jun2006- yes, you read that correctly, nearly a year ago, I had a shower- actually I had 2 that weekend.
Note to those of you starting the process- say no to showers until you are in PGN and even then wait until you are out of PGN- that is is my advice for the night.

My friend E. and her family were here today- they brought be some prepared meals for the freezer and some clothes for the little Bug. I especially like the jammies that E's. daughter Little E. picked out. The top has a jar with bugs in it and the bottoms are covered with bugs. I think the Little Bug is going to love it- I know that I do. I can't wait to take a a picture of him in them. E. told me that I seemed very "flat"- as in not as excited. I think I am still so overwhelmed with things to get done, worrying about my leave and worrying about how the Little Bug will react that I am not allowing myself to be excited or to feel the emotions of the moment (OK, I would likely be in tears). I am sure that I will be excited, happy, joyful and overwhelmed when I finally wake up on Tuesday morning and know that the Little Bug is on the way to the hotel. If you see us at the hotel- just back away from the pacing Momma Bug- I will probably not remember a thing about that morning- everything will start with Little Bug coming through the door.

Much love to you all,
Momma Bug

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm sure it is hard to get your hopes up after all you have been through. I think I would still be guarding my emotions too if I were you. I know the tears will come when they bring the Little Bug to you and it finally hits you that this is FOREVER. I am so happy for you.

JuJu - said...

So happy for you Deb - I know you can hardly wait to get your hand around him and hold him close:)

Julia:)