Saturday, May 5, 2007

Ready, set , WAIT

I think I am done, every room in the house has been cleaned out, many boxes taken to Goodwill (why is there never an attendant on duty even when signs says there should be one on duty?), many books taken to the library for the Friends of the Library sale, dust bunnies cleared out and surfaces polished.


I AM READY FOR THE LITTLE BUG!!!!

Here are some pictures of his room. I did not do the whole nursery thing- it is just a room that will serve until the Little Bug can tell me what he would like his room to look like. There are pictures of his foster family up on the wall, and I have to get a few of me and him up on the wall too. I also took a picture of the outfit I bought for him to wear to the embassy- it is soooooo cute!!!! I can not wait to dress him in it.
There is no news on the progress right now, but the lawyer's report is due on Monday, so hopefully I will hear then that the Little Bug has a passport and we have been submitted to the embassy for our PINK appointment. I think it is taking at least 2 weeks to hear about appointments, and I am still hoping to travel around Memorial Day, but I will go whenever they say, so I am just waiting.

Here are the pictures.
This is the crib with the quilt that 2 friends from church made for the Little Bug last year (my second shower on 02Jun2006). The quilt on the crib is the second ragged quilt I made for him. The first ragged quilt went down to him at my first visit trip- it is his favorite thing, or at least it was when I visited the second time. We could not leave the hotel room without the qult.



This is the reading/rocking corner - you can also see the stroller still in the box. It is also from my shower last June.



This is the dresser/changing table covered with items for the pick up trip and some pictures that need to be hung up. It really is not this messy, it is just the collection area right now.


And this is the EMBASSY OUTFIT- don't you think he will be the handsomiest boy in the building???? I love the sweater and the Khaki pants (they are pants, not shorts). I am so excited to think that hopefully within the next 30 days he will be here and I will be a Momma. It is overwhelming to think about.

Love to you all,

Momma Bug

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Deb~

We also adopted through FTIA, and I was so excited to see that you have a blog (from the McKenzie Crew website). I wanted you to know that I have been following your story through the Yahoo Groups and am so excited that you now have a blog. I am so sorry that this process has been so long and hard for you, but I cannot wait to see Aiden come home. I am so excited to be able to follow your journey!!

Deb said...

Heidi,

Thank you for the comment- it is nice to hear from another FTIA. As much as I have strugggles through this long journey, I know that God has a plan and it is prefect. Little Bug is coming exactly when he is supposed to and that, at least today, is all I need to hold onto.

Love to you,
Deb AKA Momma Bug