Thursday, May 24, 2007

Trim and wall painted- check, bags packed- nope!!

So, the trim is painted, the wall is sponge painted, the curtains are hung by the French doors with care,
the bags are unpacked, the clothes not folded, Yes, I am behind.
Work is all organized, I think, grass cutting is set up - thanks favorite nephew. Mail is stopped for the week I am gone. But still my bags are not packed and laundry is all over my room. I am feeling the stress. I was in tears this afternoon/evening. I am overwhelmed- maybe its hormonal, I am becoming a momma you know?
I need more sleep- I am waking up every 2-3 hours, making more lists in my head of things that I have to get done. This has got to stop, I will be exhausted before I even get to Guatemala. I have to get this all done before the Little Bug comes home, because:
1. I don't want him breathing paint fumes
2. Do you really think I will have free time to paint with a toddler in the house?
3. Because I want it perfect for him to come home to

You might ask why I did not get some of these things done month ago- painting for example. Well, let's just say that adoption is not for the faint of heart, it not an easy option and I am so thankful for the pharmaceutical industry and the wonderful medicines that are developed, tested, and brought to market each year. Without them, I can not tell you how I would have made it through the last 8 months. I am forever grateful to my doctor who understood that I was not going to make it through this process without a break and an opportunity to regain my emotional balance. I am grateful for friends and family who prayed and supported me, who sat and held me while I cried, who listened to me on the phone while I cried. I am grateful for my job and the company that allows me to work from home- no one had to see my cry or try to hold it all in.

Well, the bathroom floors are calling me to scrub them- yes, on my hands and knees scrubbing, because that was how my momma taught me to scrub floors. So I am signing off.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

No comments: