Thursday, May 3, 2007

Pack Rat and other musings

Since I have put off cleaning up the house in anticipation of the little bug coming home, I am having to play catch up now. I had these great plans of cleaning all through the months of waiting, but as the process went on and on with no end in sight, I had less and less motivation to actually working on organizing and cleaning the house, so I am really paying the price now. I have to admit that I am pack rat. Somewhere along the line, I picked up this feeling that I needed things to fill my house. Tonight as I was cleaning off bookshelves, I realized that most of the knick-knacks were just filler and I did not even like them- so into the trash they went. I kept the ones that do have meaning, the ceramics from Japan, the papercrane a freind made, the vvase I bought in San Francisco, things like that. I know, bad me, I did not recycle, but I had already taken 5 boxes of stuff to goodwill today and there will be more this weekend, and I have 7 boxes of books sitting here to go to the Friends of the Library so they can sell them to earn money for the libraries (El- are you happy- I culled 75% of my books). It was kind of sad letting the books go, I like them, I like to read. But I don't think I will be reading too much for a while.
I did keep books that I thought the little bug will enjoy- Anne of Green Gables (the entire series), the Redwall series, the Dragon riders of Pern series and a few others. I hear you all now- Anne of Green Gables for a boy???? But it is a great series. I might even buy/borrow from the library, the Little House on the Prarie books.
I am culling movies tomorrow might, which means I will also be replacing the DVD player that no longer shuts. I have only had the new DVD player in the house for about 6 weeks now, I suppose it is time to change it out. See, adoption depression can get so bad that a DVD player that will not shut can stare you in the face for weeks on end and you don't even care.
I also cleaned out the closet in the spare bedroom that will be for Bua when she comes. So now not only does she have a closet, but she has a dresser too. Now, if I could only get the bed cleaned off so she has a place to sleep, it would be all ready for her. Just checking, Bua, to see if you are reading the blog. The bedroom will be ready for you by the end of the day on Saturday. I am praying that things are moving along and that you are doing well and are resting.

On more prayer notes, please pray for my friend, she got some bad news today and she is fearful that her adoption will actually complete. I have been crying over her news since I saw her message. I don't want to post her name here since I did not ask her if it was ok, but God knows who you are praying for and he knows the situation. I don't know what to say to her or what exactly to pray for other than a happy ending for her and her daughter, but God knows and he knows what needs to be done, so I am giving it all to him. It hurts to watch others struggling, I just want it to be easy for all of us, not just some of us. I know that life is not fair, and I know I wrote yesterday that it is not a race, but a journey, but does the journey have to be so painful for some and not for others? I just don't understand the whys of it all.
I have another friend who lost her 3rd friend to cancer today- she is really hurting, so please pray for Lisa and her friend's family. It has been a very hard year for them all.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

JuJu - said...

I am so thankful God sent you into Bua's life:) She is so excited about meeting you and coming to Ohio! She is all pumped up about the test too!!!

The baby has dropped and she lost the Mucus plu:):)So we will see what the doc says this am at 10:) Bua is really ready to have this behind her - she wants to go home and see her Momma:)

Keep her in your prayers!

Julia:):):):):):):)