Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We're here

It is 4 30 am in Guatemala City - which is 6 30 am back home. So I am wide awake. We survived the trip in one piece, all the luggage arrived-although wet and dirty.

We were delayed going into Houston, we were actaully diverted toLaFayette LA for about 1.5 hours. So that at least prevented us from sitting at the Houston airport for 6 hours. When we arrived in Guatemala City, I was told to call the in country coordinators to let them know we had arrrived- I think they were sleeping- note to Holly and FTIA, perhaps the instructions should be "if you arrive after 9 pm, call the incoutnry coordinators first thing in the morning". But at least I got the news that the Little Bug will not be brought to the hotel until 11 am- 2 hours after I expected it, 1 hour after I was told by Holly at FTIA. Mom and I are going to go shopping this morning after she wakes up and we have the wonderful breakfest buffet.

I guess I am feeling sad for myself right now- we made it here on time, I at least figured the Little Bug would be here on time. I am just ready to start the next part of the journey.

I should probably go get some more sleep- it is going to be a long day.

For those coming down soon- the baby lounge smells of dampness- I will be posting now from the business center- this room is bugging my allergies and I have only been in here long enough to read some eamils and post this note.
The airport construction is moving along- there is a new baggage clain carosuel that was not operational when I was here in December. The pool is open here at the Marriott and so are all the resturants.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you arrived safely. I hope your trip home is a little smoother with no delays, especially with a toddler in tow!! Hopefully you and Little Bug should be reunited about now :) since it's 11am in Guatemala. I am sooooo happy for you and have been thinking of you often the last few days. Can't wait to see some pics of the Little Bug!!

All the best,
Caryn

HollyGee said...

Hey Momma Bug. I have stayed out of the baby room ever since I took Gia in there and saw little bugs crawling all over the toys. Stay away from the baby lounge:) I'm sure you'll meet some really cool people while down there:)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad that you made it safe and sound. Can't wait to see pics of you and little bug. Thanks for the update on the Marriott. I will be there in 29 days.

LisaH. said...

HI Deb, I hope your day today has far exceeded all your hopes and dreams that you have been waiting for!
LisaH.

Heidi said...

Woo hoo! Congrats on making it there safely. I can't wait to see more pictures!! I hope Little bug's transition goes smoothly.