Sunday, May 6, 2007

Will this be the week?

It is Sunday evening and the lawyer reports are due tomorrow- could there possibly be an update that states we have the Little Bug's passport and are being submitted to the embassy? I am praying so. I am ready now, I am ready for him to come home and for our life as a family to start.

On one of the boards that read, someone posted about the season changing through the adoption process- that many of us have seen Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and now Spring again and we are still waiting (in some cases, families have been waiting 2 years), while the world changes around us, we are stuck in the season of waiting- the seemingly never ending season of waiting.
In some cases families are now hearing the most horrible news that an adoptive family can hear and their season of waiting is over, but there will be no child coming home. All because someone lied, someone thought they could treat another human being like they were less than trash and purposefully set out to destroy some one's dream. My prayers are with these families, the one that have come before and the ones now facing this reality. I will never understand the lies and deceit that we as humans inflict on each other. I lift you each up to God of mercy and comfort and pray that he carries you through this.

We celebrated my mother's birthday today. Being with my family can be very stressful (yes, they are reading this), I think having them all in my house at the same time brings out the worst in me. I feel pulled to be the daughter, the sister, but I really just want to be me. There is a family dynamic that comes into play when we are all together. I have to say that at times, I think it is unhealthy and there are times I wished I lived away still. That was hard to write. I do OK when it is my parents and I (we go out each weekend, usually to dinner), I do OK when it is just my brother and I do OK when it is just my sister and her family, but all of us together - it is hard and I usually just want to go into my room and wait for the group to thin out- hard to do when you're the host of the birthday bash. I think it is the introvert in me that comes out during these family functions. I had better get over it given that I have already started planning the Little Bug's Welcome Home/2nd birthday bash. Yes, lots of people, more of my family and stress galore.

I don;t have much More to say, other than a SHOUT OUT to the MacKenzie crew and Bua on the arrival of Abby-Grace. May this time be a blessing to you all and may you feel the love of many friends being poured out on you.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

No comments: