Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Last minute things and I still have not packed

Less than one week- the countdown is in full swing.

So what am I doing- painting trim. Yes, that is correct, I am painting the trim on my french doors that go out into the backyard. The doors were installed last year and I never got around to paining the trim. I figured I would have time and suddenly I have run out of time. So painting the trim tonight and then spoonge paint the wall tomorrow night.
Maybe I will get my suitcase packed, but I am pushing it down to the wire. For months and months, I lived with the thought that as soon as I got the call that the file wasout of PGN, I would pack my bags and be ready to go. But life got in the way of that plan. Maybe I will pack the suitcase on Friday or Saturday? Maybe Friday is best, that way I can delete items that I don't really need- heck I can wear the same outfit for a few days- the trip is really all about the Little Bug. His suitcase, by the way, is packed.

I found a Hispanic market close to my house, I can buy calling cards to Guatemala for $3.00- I am so excited, Little Bug and I can contiue to call his foster family with updates. The market also carries NIDO which is the powdered milk he is on. It is so cool the the packaging is in Spanish and English- I now know what is in it and all the measurement information. Love it!!!

Welcome home to J. and N. They spent yesterday trying to get out of Guatemala, but their plane was delayed for 7 hours in Guatemala due to storms in Houston. Can you imagine, 7 hours in the waiting area in the airport at Guatemala City. I waiting to hear all the details, but the basic story is that they were up for 24 hours straight. YIKES.

Please pray that our flight out of Guatemala on June 1st is not delayed due to weather and that our flight from Houston is not delayed due to weather.

Well, I am off to put the second coat of paint on the trim.

love to you all,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're anything like me, you work best under pressure while trying to do a 100 things at once (all at the last minute, of course). Don't worry, you'll get everything done that you need to and what you don't get done can wait. Little bug will not care if you have half painted walls or if you wear the same clothes all week :) Just enjoy your time together and don't worry about the other stuff - I've found that it usually has a way of working itself out.

Best wishes for a safe trip! Can't wait to see pictures!

All the best!
Caryn