Thursday, May 10, 2007

Happy Mother's Day- 10May2007

Today is Mother's Day in Guatemala, my post is dedicated to the 2 most important women in my adoption.

Dear Little Bug's birth mother,
Thank you for choosing life for your son, thank you for the strength to carry him in your womb, thank you for parenting him for 4 months. Thank you for the beauty and love that I see in your face when I look at the DNA picture of the 2 of you. I can not imagine the heart ache and struggle you endured in making the decision to allow another momma to parent him. You are never far from my thoughts. I thank you for your support through this last year, at anytime, you could have said "enough is enough" and choosen to reparent him, but you stayed with the process and I know it must have broken your heart. Thank you for the strength to place him for adoption and to want a different life for him. You will be honored in our family for your choices and your love for the rest of my life. My prayer for you on this day, is that you have peace in your heart about the decision you made, that you are covered with God's grace and mercy and that he holds you safe in his arms and comforts you when you are grieving. I wish with all my heart that I could stand before you and promise to you that I will alway love the little bug, that this is forever and that I am honored that I am the little bug's momma. I wish I could tell you that I lvoe you and I want you to always know how he is doing and how he is growing. You are part of my family and you hold a very honored place in my heart. I doubt I will ever be standing before you, so I stand before the people that read this blog, my friends and family and I make these promises to them so that I am held accountable.

Dear Little Bug's foster mother,
You have cared for, loved and encouraged the littel bug for nearly 18 months now. When you started this process, I am sure that you figured he would go to the US like the other boys in 6 months. Yet, here you are 18 months later, preparing to say good bye to the little boy that calls you "momi", the little boy who smiles at you and reaches for you when he is scared and tired. I can not imagine how you could prepare for this day. You have told me many times that you always knew he would be leaving, but how do you prepare your heart for something like this? You are a gift from God, you have always been there for him, you have provided pictures galore, updates galore, and so much compassion to him and me. You are so strong and so beautiful. I hope that I can continue to rasie the little bug with the love and strength that you have shown. My prayer for you, on this day, is that you know that I will never forget you, the little bug will never forget you. Your family is part of my family. I want you to know that we will be coming back to visit, we will call you, that this site was made just so you culd follow him as he grows. May God's compassion and comfort be with you in these last days with the little bug. May you always know that we are just an email, a call, a photo away and we will never cease to honor your love and committment to little bug.

There is so much more I wish I could say to you both, but I can not find the words, because I do not think there are words enough to describe the depth of my love and compassion for you both. You are honored among women, perfect in God's eyes and a wonderful example of the mother that I want to be. May you be blessed all the days of your lives.

Love to you,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks for sharing that ... it pretty much sums it up for all of us !!