Friday, May 18, 2007

10 moe days!!!

Well it is hitting me- 10 more days and I will be in Guatemala to bring home the Little Bug!!! Tonight I had dinner with my friends, other single moms with children from Guatemala. For the moment there are no boys in the group, but N. comes home next week and Little Bug the week after. The girls better look out.
My friend T. mentioned that I was the happiest she has seen me in a long time, and at that moment, I had been thinking to myself "one more week and this will be my life- I will be playing with the Little Bug". It made me happy and weepy- I am bringing him home- we will be a family. I am so excited- tons to get done around the house, but I am excited.
The dinner turned into a PINK party for me- there was PINK lemonade, PINK cupcakes with PINK icing, the girls were dressed in PINK and one of the momas was dressed in PINK too. They changed the whole plan behind my back and I missed the theme when I arrived- I think it was the whole little girls thing- they are always in PINK when I see them- it never crossed my mind that they had themed the dinner to celebrate with me. They are the cooliest!!!!
Have I said that I will be in Guatemala in 10 days to bring home Little Bug??????
Man, this is it!!!

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "PINK" themed dinner!! How sweet of your friends to coordinate that. That brought tears of joy to my eyes! You must be so elated right now and I imagine it probably seems a little surreal too. I wish you nothing but the best and can't wait to see pictures of your pick up trip! Savor these last 10 days when your time is still your own :) then let the FUN begin!!

Be on the lookout ~ I'm sending a little package off today for you and little bug.

Caryn

JuJu - said...

woooooooo-hoooooooo let the count down to little bug begin:)

JUlia:)

Deb said...

Well ladies it must be the time to read each other blogs- I was just over checking your blogs. Much love to you all.

Caryn, I am praying for you and little S.
Julia- thanks for the support.

Love to you,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Deb,

Those Mommies and there babies are so sweet to plan the PINK dinner for you. We are so excited and can't wait to see homecoming pics. I know you said no visitors but that means we will be watching your blog for "sneak peak" photos and updates so PLEASE update!

Love,
Ann and Elianna

Deb said...

Ann,

My mom has already agreed to "babysitting" at the hotel so I can post pictures while I am in Guatemala. Once home I am going to try to post regularily- not sure it will be daily like now- but this blog was set up so that the Little Bug's foster family can follow his life once he is home with me.
Love to you,
Deb