Monday, May 7, 2007

Passport- check, submitted to embassy ????

Adoption Supervisors sent me a note this morning that Little Bug has his Guatemalan Passport and we were supposed to be submitted to the embassy today. It i used to take 2-3 days to hear that you had a PINK appointment, but it is taking longer longer now due to increase scrutiny of the cases (thanks to bad people who wreck it for the rest of us), so I am not expecting to hear about the appointment until Friday at the earliest.
It is looking like our appointment could be the last week of May/first week of June. I am so excited, yet at the same time, my heart filled with thoughts of the Little Bug's foster family and what they must be going through right now. I can not imagine how hard this is for them, to give up a child they have loved for 18 months (even though they knew he was coming to the US), how difficult this is for them. While they are happy for me, they are sad for their loss. They are such a wonderful family, I could not have asked for a better family for Little Bug. Their love and their compassion are more than I could have ever imagine or expected. They are a blessing and a gift from God to me. I am a better person because of knowing them and watching them with Little Bug. I hope and pray that I can be half the momma to Little Bug that his foster mother was- she is an angel. I can not imagine a more loving husband and father than Little Bug's foster dad- he is an inspiration. And the daughters are just incredible, there are no word to describe their beauty- it is not just physical beauty, but a beauty that radiates out from inside. This family is awesome and I will miss the pictures from them, although I hope they will continue to send me and Little Bug updates of them. We will continue to send them pictures, and call them and bring them into our lives as best as I can.

I am so excited, so overwhelmed and scared and ready- I am sure there are more emotions in there, I just have not figured out what they are.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

JuJu - said...

Thanks for the shout out! I know things are going to move fast for you so be packed and ready girl - to ge that little bug:):):):)

Julia:)