Saturday, May 19, 2007

Busy, Busy day

Today was a day filled with running around, doing errands, and cleaning- busy, busy, busy!!!!!!


I started the day by folding and putting away all my laundry- this is a big deal as I usually let it sit in the basement until I actually need it (confessions of a single). Then I cut my grass- oh the excitement!!! My dad should be happy to know that I actually cleaned the lawn mower off after finishing and then swept all the grass from the underside of the lawn mower back out in to the yard. Here are some pictures of my backyard- nice slope, plenty of open space- along with my mint green garden shed (it reminds me in winter, that Spring is coming)









After cleaning up from cutting grass, I picked up my parents and headed out to a waiting families meeting with my agency. It was a great meeting- the topic was "Tips for being a successful adoptive family". The speaker was great, the topic was great and it was so nice to meet folks from my agency's yahoo board. This was my last waiting families meeting- next time there is a meeting, I will not be waiting any more!! Ina way I am sad that I will not have these meetings- although I might crash them like another family did today, but I could also be a speaker at the agency's informational seminars that are right before the waiting families portion. That could be COOL. Yes, I take my parents to these meetings, there is a lot of information that I have learned over the last year through being out on the web and listening to other families, but my parents don't have that daily contact with the adoption world- everything is filtered through me, so these meetings give them an opportunity to hear the information in a "safe" way and from experts. If you have an opportunity to attend meetings like these, take your parents, brothers/sisters, etc along.



After the meeting, we headed out to the store- one car seat, one super yard XT, and some little things later, we were set. Now I just have to get the car seat installed and I am ready for the little bug to come home. I am not sure he will like the car set, but we will be legal on the drive home from the airport.



Now I am getting ready- yes posting out to you all is getting ready- for the silent auction for the local Guatemalan Families (www.ftga.net). When this was first set up this year, Little Bug was no closer to being home then when I entered PGN, so I offered to auction off a quilt based on the design of the quilts I have made for the foster family. My offer was to allow the highest bidder to choose 2 colors and I would make the quilt. HAHAHA- now the Little Bug is coming home and I might have to change the item to say that I will finish the quilt by next year. I am fairly certain that I can get the fabric cut, it is getting the time to piece the quilt. But it will all workout. Below are pictures of the quilts for the foster family that I am taking at the pick up trip.





No comments: