Thursday, May 17, 2007

Photos and musings

First the photos since I know you all are waiting for those. Appparently, Little Bug refers to Mickey Mouse as "Minnie" according to his foster mother.



I hahve not seen a smiling Little Bug since December. I miss the smiling Little Bug- this is the wary Bug, not sure what is gone, why his picture is being taken. he was probably playing very happily until it was photo time. I wish I knew what he was thinking. It is great to see all his curls back. He has the most beautiful curly hair and I am so excited I get to see it in just over a week.

I have been getting messages and phone calls from friends through out the day and they are asking me if I am excited. Well, no I am not excited right now. I have a lot of work to get organized, I prefer to have plans in place so that everyone knows what is expected of them and when it is expected. I dislike being told "don't worry, it will be covered" and that is what I am being told - nope don't like that at all. Things tend to be forgotten or overlooked in those cases, so I am busy creating documents that show what I do when, so that reports and other deliverables can be sent to the appropriate people at the appropriate time. I need to know that my work is covered while I am in Guatemala and while I am bonding with Aidan. Because, I know that it does not matter that someone else was supposed to do something, if it does not get done, I will be the one that looks bad as I am the point person for the team. So I am working hard on getting things in place and organized.

I think next week, I will be excited. As I pack our suitcases and prepare the house- cleaning, getting meals cooked and in the freezer, then I will be excited. When I get on the plane, I will be excited, during my 6 hour layover in Houston, I will be excited and when I am finally in Guatemala, I will be excited. I will probably not sleep at all the night before Little Bug is brought to the hotel because I am too excited. In the past I have guarded my heart to certain degree - knowing I was always going to have to hand him back to his wonderful foster family, but this time, when he is handed to me, it will be forever. We'll both probably be crying- heck my mom and Little Bug's foster mom will be crying too, so break out the tissues, it will be a cry fest.

Well, I am off to sleep and dream of the Little Bug.

Love to you all,

Momma Bug


2 comments:

JuJu - said...

pwoeI am praying that your little bug will have an easy adjustment. I am praying that he will feel your love so strong for him - that it will melt away any fear or anxiety he might have. I also pray that this will be such a wonderful memory making trip and that they will all be GOOD memories!! We are celebrating your good news STILL!!!

Love,

JUlia:)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I think he is saving all those great big smiles for his mommy. I can't wait to see you 2 together.