Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tired and still not news on PINK

I am tired- this was a long 3 days starting with Sunday. We celebrated Mother's Day at my house (me and my parent). I made dinner for them after church and we hung out while I packed up for my business trip to Indianapolis. We had to drive to the airport to pick up the rental car as my company would not let me drive my car to Indy- just outside the personal vehicle use range. Whatever, we drove to the airport and then my parents drove my car back home. Yes, there are car rental places closer to my house, but they are not open on Sundays- go figure.
After picking up the car and starting on my trip, I stopped to have dinner with friends. Their son was fostered with the same foster family that Little Bug has and they actually were there together. S. came home last year at the end of April, so he has been home just over a year. It was great to visit with them. They gave me my first mother's day present- a rose bush "from" the Little Bug. I started crying, K. started crying- it must be a momma thing. They recently got a new puppy- note to self- NO DOGS until the Little Bug is at least bigger than the dog. The puppy is sure cute, but with a 20 month old and a puppy, K. had her hands full. I can not wait for S. and Little Bug to be reunited. I wonder if they will in some way remember each other.

After dinner, I completed the drive to Indy and settled into the hotel. Monday was all day prep for the presentation today. We worked on slides, content, delivery, etc from 8 am until after 6 pm. Then the group went to dinner at Mo's steakhouse in Indy. The food was great. It was nice to meet folks face to face and to have time to get to know each other. The highlight of the day had to be when one of my colleagues walked in the door (she was never on the emails I got) and she came over to give me a big hug and to say how glad she was that we were going to be working together- it was a former colleague of mine from Parke-Davies/Pfizer. the pharmaceutical world is a small one and this just proved that to me. It was so cool to see her and hear how her life has been going.

Today we presented in the morning. It was my first time presenting in this type of format and I though it was grueling. The team leaders said we did fine, so I am good with that. After the presentation, I was meeting up with friends from Indy for lunch. They are all families with my agency and it was going to be a fun time. Instead, I spent an hour driving around Indy, thanks to the incorrect directions to the restaurant that the hotel gave me. So I was very stressed out when I finally got to lunch. I did have a good time with the moms and kids, but I wish I had been in better spirits. The aggravation of the drive really put me in a bad mood, coupled with not hearing from FTIA about PINK. After lunch, I sped home- yes I admit it, I sped. I needed to get home in time to drop the rental car off at a location close to my house so that my parents did not have to drive to the airport to pick me up.

2 other families, that I know about got PINK last night and this morning, and at least one was submitted the same day I was. I am so frustrated, sad and upset not to have PINK now. I have waited a long time and I am tired of waiting now. I know that God has a plan, but I do not get why I am always waiting.
I can tell that I am not in a good place right now with this wait and I really should just let it go- what will be, will be. I just want to know when the end is really in sight. I need to organize my work schedule so that there is coverage while I am out.

Well, as Annie would say "there is always tomorrow for dreams to come true". So I am praying that tomorrow I get the call and this long road home can end for Little Bug and me.


love to you all,
Momma Bug

No comments: