Sunday, May 27, 2007

The last few hours

All is done, all the floors scrubbed and mopped, all the bathrooms clean, last minute items packed in the bags, suitcases piled by the door. I am ready, so ready to wake up and go to the airport. I am so looking forward to the next part of the journey- "this is the great adventure".

We celebrated my nephew's 15th birthday today. He is such a great kid- just a neat individual, I can not wait to see the man that he grows into. He loves his drumming, his goal in life, last time I talked to him about it, is to be a punk rock drummer- he fits the description. He is a joy and wonderful young man and I forget to tell him that more often. So Jas- YOU GO!!! Be an individual, set your own course- but remember, you are not going to get anywhere without schooling. Study hard, good luck on your exams. Love to you.

To S.- we have not talked all week, I have tried to call you, but the phone just rings. So let me take this opportunity to wish you congratulations on graduation from Middle School. Good luck at the concert this Wednesday night- I will be thinking about you. You are a wonderful young lady and I am excited to watch you grow into a successful young woman. Much love to you.

I am off to call the Little Bug's foster family. Please keep them in your prayers. I am sure their hearts are breaking and I need to be aware of my words and actions so that I do not add to their grief at saying good bye (for now) to the Little Bug. I told them on my first visit trip that we would never say good-bye- only Aloha- which is Hawaiian for hello and good bye. So we never say good bye- just Aloha- until we meet again.

Next post will be from Guatemala-

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

3 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I can't wait for your next post!!!

JuJu - said...

I cannot wait to see pics pf you with your son - and a forever family:)

JUlia:)

LisaH. said...

HI Deb, I am sure you are in Guatamala now. I would love to be a fly on the wall to watch all the excitement unfold! I am so happy for you to finally get to hold the Bug and never have to give him back. I am thinking of the family who has raised him and the sadness they must be feeling, but Deb, I am certain that they are feeling happiness and joy also, in knowing that he is a lucky little boy to have a wonderful person such as yourself to be his mother and that will bring them great comfort!
LisaH.