Wednesday, May 16, 2007

More information on PINK

I have been asked to post more details and to provide more information on what PINK is/means.

Details: I emailed my coordinator last night and then I call her this morning before the agency opened- no response. Then after the agency opened, I called again, asking for my coordinator, she indicated that there was no news. Literally 5 minutes later she called with the information on my embassy appointment. I was in shock really, I was upset and crying from the first call and then suddenly she had the news I was finally going to to get the Little Bug, I think my system was highly confused.
After getting off the phone with her, I tried calling my mother at work- no luck, her phone was busy. So I called the hotel in Guatemala City that I like and booked our reservations while at the same time, booking our tickets on line. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at the price on the tickets- they were the same prices as when I checked 2 weeks ago. The only thing bad about them is that I could not get the morning flight into Guatemala City, we will not get in until 9 pm. But it is all cool.
I tried calling my mom again, again her phone was busy. So I emailed the information to my boss and to my friends out here in blog land, posted to my yahoo groups and then tried to call my mom again. Finally her phone was not busy and I got to give her the news. Then I called the foster family- it was way early their time, but I had promised to let them know as soon as I knew the date of the embassy appointment. So they now know that they have 2 more weeks with the Little Bug. We have not worked out the details of his transition to me- I offered them the options of staying at the hotel (I would rent a room for them), or I would pay the cab fare each day so they could join us at the hotel. It is up to them, as I am willing to do whatever they feel is in Little Bug's best interest for transition and what they need to to say good-bye to him. I will have him for the rest of my life, they are saying good-by to him after loving and caring for him for 18 months.

For those of you who asked about PINK:
This refers to the PINK appointment slip that the embassy issues for your visa appointment. It is colored PINK, therefore when families are notifed that they have the embassy appointment, the slang is "we have PINK" or "we are PINK". I will take a picture of it and post it to you when I get the document in Guatemala.

Well, I am off to dream happy dreams. Love to you all,

Momma Bug

No comments: