Monday, April 30, 2007

The wait is killing me

Ok, you all might be saying, what the heck is she complaining about now- she has PGN approval. But now I am waiting on the birth certificate and it is killing me. Little Bug's birthmother signed the adoption decree last week (4/24)- by now I expected to have the new Birth Certificate os that the documents could be translated, the new passport for Little Bug issued and we might be submitted to the US embassy this week.
I thought maybe finally, something in this process would actually go within the normal timeframe, but NOPE. According to Edwin and Manfred (Adoption Supervisors), the lawyer will attempt to get the new Birth Certificate next week. So 2 weeks after exitig PGN, I might finally get a new birth certificate.
When I looked at the database on my agency's website and BC from this lawyer take less than week after PGN to get, but mine will be at least 2 weeks. I am tired of waiting- although my friend Sara is waiting for a BC from Guatemala City, which is notorius for being slow. We want to travel for pick together- so maybe I have to be delayed so that we go together.

But right at this moment, my dream plan is that I am getting on a plane on Memorial Day weekend and waiting it out with the Little Bug (not really, but that is my plan if I don't hear anything by May 15th). I cna work from Guatemala, I just have to figure out the finances of it all.

I think that is it for today. Tomorrow is Labor Day in Guatemala so no news from PGN, Family Court, US Embassy or the lawyer's office as it is national Holiday- that and it is my mom's birthday.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

JuJu - said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!You have a blog:) I am so happy!!! Thanks for all the info today for Bua:) She is really ready for this baby to come:):)We are praying that all of Aidan's documents are gathered translated and ready and at the embassy SOON!! Come on PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUlia:)