Monday, July 2, 2007

Pictures tomorrow- I promise

Sorry for the lack of pictures-Little Bug and I had a busy weekend and then a busy Monday. After work today, I picked up the Little Bug and headed downtown to get his social security card. I was worried that it would be an all day affair, but we were in and out in under 1 hour.
My dad reminded me that I have a stroller in the trunk of the car, when I complained to him that carrying the Little Bug through the streets downtown was hard work. I guess that is my way of saying that I carry him or we walk together all the time- he is very seldom in a stroller. Maybe this is why my back is killing me today?


Little bug was out of sorts all day today, I think because of the changes in his daycare situation- he is still with my sister- just a change in location. He cried when i came to pick hm up- poor little guy. We had a health concern this weekend, apparently I received incorrect information on how to proper clean the Little Bug from my doctor. But, the adoption community came through and provided me with the correct information and I think all is well now.

I finally figured out why the Little Bug continues to call down the hallway to me- He usually yells Momma and I yell back to him "te amo, Nite-nite" or "te amo, no mas (meaning, go to sleep, no more yelling down the hallway) but the translation is "I love you nite-nite or I love you no more". Do you see the problem- I was telling him I did not love him. No wonder he kept calling. My very bad attempt to speak Spanish was causing the problem. I switched to "te amo, good night" and he seemed to calm down much faster. Of course I had to run into his room and tell him that Momma loves him very much and that I will love him for always. He is probably scarred for life after this - just kidding- he was blowing me kisses and smiling at me when I ran in, so I think all is well. But I am truly going to have to watch what I say to him in Spanish and how I combine phrases.

Well, I need sleep - have a great night. Ginger, I am praying for you and Maya.

Love to you,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

Derek and Jennifer said...

Yep he knows that you love him! These are memories you'll keep forever, funny things that you can laugh about when he is older!

Have a Happy 4th of July!