Saturday, July 7, 2007

Another trip to the Zoo

Another Saturday morning and Momma is out of ideas to entertain the toddler. Apparently, cleaning the bathroom and doing dishes does not count as entertainment in the toddler world. So, Momma got the bright idea to go check out the zoo again before it got too HOT this lovely sunny day.
So, one bag packed with diapers, one stroller figured out (the umbrella stroller was not going to the zoo again- so I had to figure out how to collapse the big stroller and I don't know where I put the instruction booklet. But I got it figured out- I am sure Little Bug will be laughing about the experience for days to come. I packed snacks and thought about packing a turkey and cheese sandwich for me (this is foreshadowing for later in the day) and out the door we headed.

No real pictures until we got to the children's zoo. Little Bug loved the toys- a camel to climb on...Turtles to crawl through
and yell for help because he got stuck in the opening- he could not figure out how to get out- I was laughing so hard (inside, because good mommas don't make a habit of laughing at their kid on a regular basis.
Checking out the real turtle

He did not like the bulls (Karen- note sure how Little Bug is going to do the first time we come over to visit you, John and Steven). He like the goats until we got to feed them, then he wanted no part of them- their tongues and teeth were too close to his hands (the whole point of feeding the goats). He did like washing his hands right after feeding the goats. I think he would have stayed at the water all day.

We rode the train 2 times!!!!! Another momma took our pictures. We saw a zebra, some wolf cubs, lots of people to wave at, lots of ducks and a peahen with her babies and the Manatees!! After 2.5 hours walking around the zoo, we stopped for a snack. Little Bug wanted his pretzels and raisins and I decided that I needed a little more protein, so I thought I would get a turkey and cheese wrap at the cafe. It was $7.50!!!!! I settled for a hot dog, and even that was $5.00!!! Yikes- I am packing turkey sandwiches from now on- that is a rip off. We hit the store on the way out and picked up some post cards to send off to Senor Carlos, Mireya, Suzy, Karla and Andrea. Little Bug picked them all out, so I am sure that they will be hit in Guatemala.

I knew from the last trip that Little Bug would fall asleep in the car, so I packed a tu for him and this is the picture of him 5 minutes after we left the zoo- nearly asleep, barely holding on the pacha. 5 minutes after this, he was sound asleep. He slept all the way home and then only woke up when I picked him up to carry him into the house.Uncle Dave came into town and we had dinner with him and Mam and Pap. Little Bug is now fast asleep and the NASCAR race is starting so I am off to watch the race.

Love to you all,

Momma Bug

1 comment:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Looks like soooo much fun!!!