Tuesday, July 10, 2007

First Hair cut in the US

First the pictures from Monday- the background to set up the pictures:
I was watering the flowers in the front yard and Little Bug was sticking his hands into the water coming out of the hose. He was managing to get pretty damp on his own. When I started watering plants further down the sidewalk, he decided to move toward the water, so I decided to have a little fun and spray him in the back (it was funny- he never saw it coming). He was not too pleased with Momma for getting him all wet, although it was OK when the water went over his head instead of on him. So he complained of being cold. I took him in and stripped him out of his soaked clothes and then dressed him in these nice warm clothes- it is 96 degrees HOT outside, but he was cold. We went out front because one of the neighborhood kids was setting off firecrackers and for some reason it was scaring Little Bug. So we went out front to get the teenagers to stop and it worked- they would not set them off if anyone else was outside- perhaps their parents did not know about the fireworks. Anyway- I am burning up from the heat and humidity and Little Bug is running around- go figure.


Thinking about going to get the ball and attempt to play soccer (football) with momma.
Nope, he would rather attempt to put the ball over the fence to the backyard
Well, maybe going inside might be OK, but are you sure?

Today's big adventure was our first hair cut with Momma. Little Bug's first family had his hair cut in Guatemala right before I visited in December. They were so kind to save his hair and give me the certificate. These things have a special page in the memory album I have for Little Bug.

So here we go: First Momma had her hair washed- I thought it would be easier if Little Bug watched me getting my hair cut before he got his hair cut.

Ms. Leigh is cutting my hair and Little Bug finally thought it was OK to wear a cape like Momma- although I will say that his is much cooler- all the animals from the zoo are on it.
Finally, it is Little Bug's turn. Ms. Leigh spritzed his hair- he was protecting his eyes from the water. He hates water in his eyes.
Getting a trim- no problems here!! He actually was more interested in looking at himself and Pap in the mirror. He was sitting at the perfect angle to see all the other customers. He was definitely a hit with the staff. They have watch him grow in pictures for the last year.
Still checking things out- never reacted negatively to the hair cut. Such a joy to experience.
Almost done. Ms Leigh said he was sitting just right on my lap- sideways so that she could cut either side of his head without him having to move his head or body.
OK- he is getting to the point where he wants to be done.All DONE- such a handsome guy!!!For being so good at the hair cut- he then had to wait for Mam's hair to be cut - we went out for dinner and Little Bug got a cupcake for dessert. This was after eating some chicken, some beef, some mac and cheese, watermelon, strawberries, corn and green beans and drinking all his milk. He was definitely hungry. He really liked the cupcake, which is a good thing because I really want to have a cupcake cake for his birthday in 5 weeks. I think containing the mess he and the other little ones can make by giving them each a cupcake is much better than having cake every where on their bodies and in their hair. Perhaps I am wrong- but at this point I have the veto power for the type of cake he gets and I am choosing cupcakes.


Then his Pap gave him ice cream! Wow, 2 desserts in one night. I hope he sleeps with all the sugar in his system.I am seriously thinking of changing his nickname from Little Bug to Little Bird, as this is what he looks like when he wants some food that someone else is eating. It is too funny. I managed to get some video of this and I am going to try to get it emailed down to his first family. If it does not go through, I will put it on the CD/DVD that is going down to them right after his birthday.

Please look at my earlier post from today concerning Operation: "lift their spirits".

Love to you all,

Momma Bug

No comments: