Wednesday, July 25, 2007

More pictures of the Little Bug having fun

Here are pictures taken over the last few days. Starting off - this is Sunday when Little Bug met the extended family. Here he is playing with cousin Lo. Lo was in charge of collecting the balls that the 2 year olds threw over the fence. Little Bug never actually made it over the fence, but his cousin Lu. threw the ball over the fence with much regularity. Little Bug and Lu. They were actually banging on the screen in the window and thought it was funny when the adults corrected them. They would bang on the screen, then turn around to see if anyone saw them.
Little Bug just being cute.
This morning- Little Bug all sacked out and sleeping soundly. When we were in Guatemala, he never slept with covers on him he hated the blankets. Here at home, he actually starts the night with 2 blankets and then ends up with one in the morning. The blanket I originally made for him and took to him in 2006 is what he sleeps on. When he came home, it had the smells of his foster family and Guatemala on it. Now it just warm underneath him.
Today, while at my sister's , they took a road trip to see Jason at band camp. For those of you reading who are not familiar with Band camp- this is for High school Marching band students. They go away for one week in the summer to learn the routines they will use in football games and to learn the music for the shows. Jason is in pit crew- meaning he plays the bells, the xylophone or anything the drum section needs that is not a drum. I can't wait to take Little Bug to see one of the shows.

Apparently they arrived just before the students were going swimming. They practice in the morning and in the evening and during the afternoon, they get to swim. They go off to a college campus, so they get to stay in the dorms. Jason's roommate did not come to band camp so he has a room to himself, but apparently the room is right next to the room with the chaperones. Smart thinking on the chaperones part.
Charming the girls. Little Bug apparently prefers older women since he is being cute for this young lady, but he has bitten the girls his own age.

Saying Good bye to Jason. Jason comes home on Friday and he is more than ready. He does not like the food at band camp- Little Bug had to take home made chocolate chip cookies to Jason to tide him over until he comes home. Checking out the view from up high.
Since he went to band camp, I met them on the way home at McDonald's for dinner. Little Bug was so surprised to see me walk up to the car. Whenever I pick him up from my sister's, he gives me huge hugs and will not let go of me. I know that he is still sorting all the changes out in his mind and probably concerned that I am not coming back for him. But, I love the hugs and the clinging. Just holding him and loving on him is so comforting at the end of the day.

One of our favorite things to do is share food. I will feed Little Bug something and he will feed me. He loves to take a bite of something and then share it with me. He we are sharing a french fry. I have learned though, that if I take a bite of an apple, he wants the whole thing and will not share it will me.
On to new skills- or at least the first time seen in my sight (he apparently does this all the time at my sister's house).
He now climbs up the high chair and can climb back out!!!! While it is a bit unnerving to see this, it is also very age-appropriate. He can be fearless when he wants to be.

Step 1: step up on the bottom rung of the highchair.
Step 2: climb to the second rung and then get one foot over the top
Step 3: Beg momma for help getting the second foot over (he missed the 3rd rung that would have allowed him to get in all by himself)
Step 4: turn around and sit down
Step 5: stand up and show off how talented you are.
That's my Little Bug, venturing out into the world of toddlerhood, some days fearless and other days clinging to Momma and saying NO.
Love to you all,
Momma Bug



2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Thank you for leaving a message on my site... I have had many ideas left to me and alot to think about how I am going to do the room. Love your little bug... Take care...

Anonymous said...

LITTLE BUG GOES TO BAND CAMP! I love it!!! I am really enjoying watching his progress and bonding develop. He is such a precious little boy and I have had such a weak spot in my heart for him since meeting you all in December!!!

XOXOXO
Kelly