Sunday, July 8, 2007

No pictures- just lots of words

Well, we had a busy day today, but I left the house without the camera, so you all will have to wait on pictures until others who had cameras send me copies.

Our morning had a slow start as we were heading over to Martha-Kelly's baptism. We lounged around the house and ate a slow breakfast for Sunday morning. Then at 8:30 am, I started getting the Little Bug ready for the day (note: this is 2.5 hours after he got up for the day, so he had a very leisurely morning). We headed over to the church about 9:15 and got there at 9:45- well in advance of the 10 am start time. Unfortunately, we were at the wrong church. At 10:15 we arrived at the correct church- we were not the only ones who went to the wrong church- but we missed the actual baptism. We did get to see Martha-Kelly steal her mother's applause after her mommy signed the words to a beautiful song. After church, we headed to MK's aunt's for lunch. There was a wonder photographer there taking pictures and I am hoping that the pictures she took come out wonderfully like everyone said. Little Bug was sleeping on my shoulder, Little Bug in the group photo and then a group shot of the Mommas with their beautiful Guatemalan children.
After hanging with the family and friends we headed over to Mam and Pap's for dinner with Uncle Dave. He had to leave to go back to the city he lives in, but it was so nice to hang out with him. Uncle Dave should have been able to enjoy the Little Bug eating peas (an experience), but Little Bug was being pretty subdued with his peas. he actually ate Meatloaf and Mash Potatoes too. I love my mom's meatloaf and when I lived out of town, I would beg for it when I came home to visit, now my brother does the same thing. Anyway, it was shocking that Little Bug ate the meatloaf- he has spit hamburger out each time I have offered it to him. This just proves that Mam has the best meatloaf around.

Little Bug wanted his bottle at 6:30 and was sleeping by 7:00 am- I guess this weekend wore him out.

Hopefully I will have pictures tomorrow evening. Senora Carlos, please check you personal email for a message from me and the Little Bug.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug and Little Bug

No comments: