Sunday, July 22, 2007

An Exciting weekend- tons of pictures

Here are is our weekend in pictures- working backwards:

Saturday afternoon, we joined the single moms group for a pool outing. The group is made up of moms who have adopted from many countries. Little Bug, MK and N. were the youngest kids by far. The next closest in age were 4 and 5 years old.

Little Bug in the wading pool- he did not like the bigger pool- the water was much colder (and Momma did not the like the water temperature either).

Julie and N, MK1 and MK2- just hanging out.
After the pool, we all had a picnic dinner- here are the kids- MK2, N and Little Bug. Little Bug started calling MK2 "Kelly" and he tried N's name- but it is a harder name to say. I thought is was neat that Little Bug would play near MK, but actually would play with N. It solidified the decision for me that Little Bug needs a little brother. Not sure when a little brother might happen, but at least I know the gender. Now, I say this here, but it could all change- I am open to whatever the future holds for Little Bug and me. God has a plan and we are busy trying to be in his will for our lives.
A vain attempt to get all the kids to look at the camera and smile. N. has it right- the older 2 are much more interested in everything else.
Little Bug and N- they were laughing up a storm and Little Bug was watching N very carefully- so protective of him.
A beso (kiss) for N. Little Bug was giving him besos through out the day. I got to hold N at one point and Little Bug came over to hug on him. It was so cte. We will be with the gang this coming Saturday for the FTIA reunion picnic and I can not wait to see Little Bug with S. and all the other kids. The picnic will be the first time since April 2006 that S and Little Bug are together, I sure hope the boys like each other- I am so hoping for a great picture to send to their first family in Guatemala.Friday:

After work, Little Bug and I played in the backyard (this was also after dinner). I am getting ready to take him on a ride through the backyard in the wagon. He stayed seated the entire time- so he got 4 trips around the yard.



Dinner was a riot!!! We ordered Pizza and the salad I ordered came in a bag. This is what Little Bug decided to do with the bag. He loved the pizza and the croutons from my salad. He spit out the lettuce from my salad. But I faked him out, he still veggies, cause they were on the pizza. And he eat all his pizza- just gobbled it down.
Back to playing outside- this face shows up frequently. He loves to stick his tongue out.
Tigger came outside and this is the attempt to move Tigger to a new location- the stairs!!! So not happening. I really have to replace the railing in the back- it scares me every time we are out in the back that Little Bug will grab on to the railing and it will fall down. Hopefully in the Spring, I can have a small porch put on the back of the house and replace the railing.
Here he is trying to get to the stairs. I sat blocking the stairs.
When he could not go down the stairs on Tigger, he decided to take Tigger "off roading" and into the grass they went. Unfortunately, Tigger does not roll very well in the grass- so they came back to the patio.
Friday night/Saturday Morning: AKA: the Harry Potter book release. Little Bug slept from 7:30 pm until 11:15 pm, when I woke him up. he was so confused why I was putting him in the car, why cousin Tink was with us and why we were at the bookstore. He got happy when he saw Jason and Uncle Darrell waiting for us. This is us outside about 11:40 am, waiting to be called into the store. Note: we have orange wrist bands, meaning we are in the first group to get the books.
The nice security guard took these picture for me- this is looking toward the back of the store after the orange group was called in. Darrell is in the red in the lower left hand corner- we were just left of him (out of the picture). The place was packed. The book went on sale, we got ours and were home by 12:30 am. Little Bug went back to sleep at 1 am, I stayed up to read for an hour, then I went to bed. I read for another 1.5 hours on Saturday when Little Bug napped and I finished the book at 10 pm on Saturday night (3 hours of reading after Little Bug went to bed). So 5.5 hours of reading and I know the ending. I can not wait until Little Bug is older and I can start reading these books to him.
Well, that is the update so far of our weekend. We are heading over to meet the rest of my extended family this afternoon. This should be interesting.
Just a note: I am still collecting wishes for Cheri and Erin's quilts- if you leave a comment, I will print the wish but I will not publish the comment.
Love to you all,
Momma Bug

No comments: