Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Just words- again

Well, no pictures. Momma has been a slacker with the pictures Sunday - today. But I am going to send the camera with Little Bug tomorrow at Day care. He is taking a trip to see Jason at Band Camp. This should be fun, so hopefully tomorrow, there will be pictures of Little Bug and Jason hanging with the drummers from the High School Marching Band. I sure hope it does not rain.

This week marks 8 weeks home for Little Bug and I am seeing more signs that he is settling into the house and we are becoming a family. This morning when I went into wake him up, he was laying on his stomach, across his pillow. It was so cute. The camera was on the desk by the computer so no chance to run and get it and then come back to take the picture. Anyway, this is a sign that he is comfortable, it puts him in a vulnerable position- can not see who is looking at him. It is such a big step.
I was also going to report that he has not bit anyone (meaning me mostly) in a week, then he went and bit me tonight. But he made it a week without biting and that is good. So, he did get told no biting, but he did not get a time out. Which for all you parents out there, how do you give a time out when you're in the car?

So we continue to bond. The books say it will be another 4 months before I really see all of his personality and it will be 2 years (the length of time he was in Guatemala) before our bond is totally set. It seems so far away, but yet, the last 8 weeks have flown by and it feels like he just came home yesterday.

People told me that the stress and pain from the journey to bring Little Bug home would fade once he came home, but it hasn't. I find myself reliving the struggle and the pain each time I read a note or posting from someone who is waiting. A friend posted that she is getting her 5th KO from PGN and she will miss her son's first birthday and it brought everything that I felt last year at Little Bug's first birthday. The pain and feelings are not with me each moment of the day like they were when I was in process, but they are certainly there and come flaring back when I least expect it. That said, I don't want to lose the feelings because then I lose the perspective of knowing what the other person is going through and being able to empathize with them.

So that's all for tonight. Hopefully pictures will be coming tomorrow.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the pain of the wait doesn't leave after your child is home. My boys turned 1 in Russia while we were waiting to pick them up and I remember how hard that day was for me. I remember the pain that I felt. But, I'm glad because it makes me love everything about them that much more.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing your blog. I read it often as I wait to bring my baby boy home from Guatemala. He is 13 months now and your blog gives me hope that he will one day come home. I can tell Little bug is adjusting well and it shows in his pictures how much he loves his Momma Bug. :)