Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Operation "Lift their spirits"

A few weeks ago, I posted a note about Cheri and Erin (both in my blog roll) and how they are fostering in Guatemala and continue to see delays in their process to bring their girls home. The adoption community responded with an incredible outpouring of support (the notice was posted on lots of blogs).
Well, I have been thinking about the situation and while money is nice- it goes quickly. So being the quilter that I am, I thought I might make a "good wishes" quilt for each of them. Typically a good wishes quilt is made from fabrics that people send in, along with a wish, but it takes time to get fabrics, some folks feel uncomfortable about buying fabrics, etc.
So, I thought, I have a ton of fabric in my sewing room so I supply the fabric, if others would just send in wishes and good thoughts for Cheri and Erin.

So here is your task, send a comment to this blog that includes your wish/good though and I will print the wishes and put them in an album for Cheri and Erin. I will get the quilts made and then I will take the wishes and read them over the quilt, so the the wishes are in the fabric. Then I will send the quilts and albums down to Cheri and Erin so that they are wrapped in the love of all of us.

I am targeting the end of August as the end of wishes collection. If you prefer to email a wish directly to me, put your email address in the comment (will not be published) and I will contact you off line. If you would like to send fabric, please email me for my home address (note your blog so I know who you are).
Fabric requirements:
8x8 (rotary cut) 100% cotton flannel prewashed- your choice of theme, color etc.
or
9x9 (hand cut) 100% cotton flannel prewashed.

If you have a blog, would you link/copy this post so as many people as possible get to see this?

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

No comments: