Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tomorrow is the official birthday- so a retrospective is in order

These are just some of my favorite photos of Little Bug from the last 2 years of his life.


This one was on a disposal camera that I sent to Mireya and which I got back after my visit trip in December. What a ham!!! From the same camera- my mom calls this photo "the duck". She said if Little Bug had a yellow hat on his head, he could have been a duck. I just like how sweet he looks.
This is from one of the cameras I got back when I brought Little Bug home.
This one was taken the day after Easter in 2006. I absolutely love how he is reaching for camera and how proud and happy Senor Carlos looks. I have this photo in a special place because I used to look at it and think that Little Bug was reaching for me (I know he was reaching for Karla or Miyera or Andrea or Suzi, but I had a little dream it was me he was reaching for). I love this picture and during the hardest times, I would pull this one out and wonder if we would ever be together as a family.
I love this one- it is Little Bug with S, before S came home in April of 2006. If you look closely you can see they are holding hands- they were on the journey to a new life together. I hope they hold on to the fact that they started out with the same loving family and that they forever have that bond.
This is my favorite photo from the pictures I got at referral. So much life, so much happiness. Little Bug was 4 months old. Little did I know that he actually came to Mireya and her family before December- but that is another post.

Mireya and her family were kind enough to go back through their pictures and find pictures of Little Bug before December. These are some of the pictures of a very tiny bug, when he first came into their home.
Another from before December 2005
Another from before December 2005.
And finally- my little model. He is more then I ever dreamed he would be and I hope that I can be a good Momma to him. Tomorrow- we are going out for dinner after I am done with work just to celebrate his life.
Little Bug is a blessing to me and I want to be worthy of the gift of his life.
Love to you,
Momma Bug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Deb, this post made me cry! What a touching tribute to your son! You are both so blessed to have each other. I really wanted to send a little something for Little Bug's birthday, but the days have slipped away from me. I am so very sorry. I wish you both a wonderful day tomorrow and I will try to get something in the mail in the next few days!

All the best,
Caryn

Our little guy's birthday is the 15th as well (March) :)

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Great Memories!!!

Anonymous said...

Deb, this post brought tears to my eyes! You and little bug are meant to be together. Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating a special little guy!!! Happy Birthday, Little Bug!!!!!!!