Thursday, August 16, 2007

Little Bug is sick-

Welcome to the world of being a parent- I got a call at 12:30 from Little Bug's Daycare provider. he was complaining that his tummy had a boo-boo and then he had a very messy (explosive was the word she used) diaper.

One trip to the doctor's office to find out that he likely has a virus- I have to watch him through the weekend. He is not allowed milk products (this should be fun tonight when he wants his TU) and I should not give fruit juice. So he is now on the BRAT diet- Banannas, Rice, Applesauce (I think) and Toast. I sure he will love me for this new diet.

He is sleeping now and I am trying to get some things done. Please pray that Little Bug gets well soon. I don't like this part of being a momma- I want to make it all better for him.

Love to you,
Momma Bug

Edited: 8 pm- Little Bug is back in bed. He took an hour nap after the doctor and then sat in my lap getting lots of love for most of the evening. He took the pedilyte in his TU without complaint!! He seems to be feeling better. He has eaten 2 banannas, 1 torilla, and one snack size container of oranges (yes, not on the BRAT diet, but he wanted it). I am hoping that he on the mend and will be fine in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

When our son, Ché, is sick we give him sweetened tea with lemon in it and a splash of milk. He seems to enjoy this in his bottle. Hope Little Bug is better soon!

Liz

Katie said...

Poor Little Bug ... hope he feels better soon !!