Sunday, August 12, 2007

2nd Birthday Party!!!!

Well, it was the birthday weekend at our house. Little Bug spent Saturday at the park, playing in the 100 degree heat and he and I were practically melting. We did get to see C. who was also fostered by Mireya and her family. I forgot to ask permission to put pictures on the blog, so no pictures of C. I tried to get Little Bug to ride a pony- the kids sit on the pony while it is walked around the ring- but he was having nothing to do with the pony. Such a shame, I always loved horses when I was little. perhaps next year he will be willing to stand next to the pony for a picture.

Sunday started bright and early. We went to church- Little Bug was not happy to go to the nursery with the other 2 year olds. I was feeling really guilty about that. We came home after church and got the house ready for the party.


This is the cake and cupcakes for the party. The cupcakes are yellow cake and chocolate cake. I thought they would be easier for the little kids. The decorations are all Winnie the Pooh themed, including the cupcakes. Signage for the party. I also had 30 balloons around the house and outside.
Little Bug all dressed in his birthday finest- a crown for the birthday prince and a shirt that tells everyone he is the birthday boy. He wore the hat for 3 minutes- long enough to get pictures and then express his displeasure at wearing the hat.
Making faces for the camera
Done with the crown
Everyone is signing to him. We had about 50 people in the house including kids (OK, maybe less but it sure felt like 50 people). We had the kids outside at the start of party playing in the pool and in the sprinkler. I did not get any pictures, so for those of your who were there, I would greatly appreciate pictures.

Anyway, back inside and we are all signing to Little Bug- I was very emotional here- I nearly burst into tears from it all. I am so happy to be celebrating this birthday with my son.

Little Bug having a cupcake- he thought it was YUMMMMMMMMY!!!!
This is Little Bug's foster brother S. He had a great time at the party. I forgot to ask if I could post pictures of another little boy who was also fostered by Mireya and her family- but those pictures will be on the CD I send them.
Little Bug showing everyone that he is 2!!!!
Just laughing and having a good time. He was so tired by the end of the party that once everyone left and I started to finish the clean up, he asked for a "TU". By 5 pm, he was sleeping.
I called Mireya and I felt really bad that he was not awake to speak with her, but perhaps next time.
Next weekend, I am taking Little Bug to have professional pictures taken- I can't wait to see those pictures and all the pictures that everyone else took at his party.

Love to you,
Momma Bug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aidan!! I love his pictures. He is SO CUTE!! You both look really happy.

Rajashree

Dawn said...

Aww Momma Bug, you waited so so long for this day!!!! I'm emotional and it's not even me!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE BUG!!!!