Friday, December 26, 2008

Train table

Pictures in reverse order (again)

Bug's trains have outgrown the living room. If he has them set up, then we are tripping over trains, tracks and other train items for days. So, I had and extra board of wood stored in the garage and with the Home Depot Gift card I got yesterday, we bought 4 legs, some bracket things and some 2x2 pieces of wood to stabilize the board.

Today, I spent 30 minutes and made Bug a train table.

Bug playing- he is refusing to smile lately, but he was happy with the table and having his trains all set up Playing with the trains

The finished product. The table is about 6.5 feet long and 2.5 feet across.


Plenty of room to add more tracks and decorate the table



Here is the table all done and set up on the carpet in the basement. I will probably move the set up to the inside wall of the basement, it is sure cold close to the wall right there.




here is the finished top- I still had to add the legs.





Bug was my screw boy- he handed me the screws I used to put the top onto the 2x2 strips




The leg brackets and the 2x2 strips. I had just finished putting the brackets in and now I had to screw the 2x2 strips down.









The legs and 2x2 strips.





The top board and the drill




This project required my electric drill and my cordless screw driver- easy project!!!
This was easier than I expected- I probably did the project in such a way that someone with experience would die laughing at me, but it worked. I screwed the top to the strips by screwing the corners from underneath- then I turned the top over and finished screwing the 2x2 strips to the top. it worked for me and it looks fine.
Well, I am off to read emails and then head to bed. Tomorrow, Bug and I have to take down all the Christmas decorations so that we are ready for our trip to Guatemala.
love to you,
Deb








2 comments:

Angie said...

nice job, Deb! I am impressed!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Great job!!! Maybe I need one of those tables for Maya's dolls and all the accessories. They are taking over!!! Maya also went through that phase of NOT smiling.