Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sick day for momma- snow day for Nene

Thank you all for your prayers - I am not in pain today like I was last night. I was not feeling better though, so I asked to take a sick day. We were supposed to have bad weather this morning, so I figured Nene would stay home too. The bad weather moved it at lunch and at certain points this morning I was wishing he was with my sister- just because I wanted to sleep. But it was OK.

UPDATED: I think from now on when I need a sick day, Bug is going to my sister's no matter what the weather. It is too much to try to rest and make sure a toddler stays out of trouble and is entertained.

The snow came in and Bug was feeling fine, so I bundled him up and sent him outside to play while I sat in a chair inside the doors taking pictures. I really got a picture of what is coming, when I can send him out to play in the backyard and know that he can play and have fun by himself.
Bug took his sled out and had fun pulling it through the yard. He wanted me to pull him- but not to be.
All set for momma to pull him. Maybe next time Bug.

Then he discovered the old hose reel (has many leaks and I need to recycle it). He turned it into a fire hose and pretended he was a fire fighter.


Then he was off to the slide. He had a few false starts- learning that boots are slippery in the snow on plastic. But he made it up and down 3 times before he had enough. The whinnying started and Momma put an end to outside play (this was after an hour). He came inside and whined about taking a nap, but was sleeping in under 10 minutes.




One final picture from Portugal- this is for Pap. The perfect get around the neighborhood car- small, compact and just a little drafty.
I am off to take more meds and watch some TV with Bug before bed.
Love to you,
Deb




1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! LOVE all that snow!!