Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Dinner in the palace kitchens

Tonight we had the whole group dinner thing. The entire team, nice place, etc.


They took us to what used to a palace, in what used to be the kitchens. When they first told us, on the bus, I had a completely different picture- you know cause Disn*y has me well trained on what a kitchen should look like- certainly not like this.

In any case, the food was great- I had roasted sea bass with avocado and mango sauce- YUMMMM.
Dessert was mini cream puffs with hot chocolate sauce over them. We are not sure what the filling was in the cream puffs, but it was certainly not American cream.

The conversation was great- I sat with R and the colleagues from Australia. This morning, I had breakfast with the colleagues from Estonia. I have chatted with the folks form Denmark. I have to see who I can talk tomorrow- this has been a fun trip in terms of meeting new people and getting to know new cultures.

On to the pictures- R at the front gate. R again


Me in the vestibule area

At dinner- see how posh this place looks- not at all what I would expect a palace kitchen to look like.



R and the folks form Australia- we sat in front of the hearth. Unfortunately, no fire. But the servers used the big kettles to store the bottles of water and wine they used to serve- what a great idea.


Tomorrow, we have meetings all day again and then in the evening, those of us who don't have flights home until Friday are going to Sintra again for dinner and shopping.
Nene-
Thanks for calling momma tonight- it was great to hear your voice and to hear that you are doing great with Mam and Pap. Sleep well baby, Momma will be home in 2 more days. Love and hugs to you,
Momma



No comments: