Saturday, December 13, 2008

Home

I am finally home. I left the hotel at 8:15 am yesterday, which would be 3:15 am at home. My plane left Portugal at 11:15am. I slept 6 hours on the flight- under 2 red blankets (including the one over my head). i was freezing and I think I developed a low grade fever.
I arrived in Newark, NJ at 2:30 pm (7:30 pm Portugal time). I got through customs, got pulled for extra screening and made it up the stairs to the main terminal.
Now, understand, I came in at terminal B, my flight home was through terminal B, so I have never left a secured area at this point. I go to check the boards to see what gate my flight out is at, and there are no domestic flights listed. I talk to some security guys and they point me to correct corridor.
I grab a diet coke as I am heading down the corridor, only to find out that there is another security point I have to go through and I have to throw away my diet coke!!!! I still have not seen my flight information, so I just want to get to the gate that this point. So back through security and down the corridor to find out my flight that was supposed to leave at 5:50 pm is delayed until 7:45 pm. Dang it, I could have stayed outside the security area and ate and bought stuff. Oh well.
I ended up eating at the sports bar, shopped at the little store as I am still freezing. I ended up buying a blanket- like they give you on the plane- and using that as scarf. That finally helped my coldness. I also got some medicine and another book. Finally at 7:45, my plane took off. The plane landed at 9:52 and by 10:15, I was holding Bug again.

Bug and I got home at 11 pm- which was 4 am in Portugal- so my body was really tired. We slept until 8 am this morning and I laid back down at 11. We napped from 1-4 (me) and Bug just woke up (it is not 5 pm). I think we were both exhausted from this week.

I have a few more pictures from the trip to post and I might get them posted tonight or tomorrow.

Love and hugs,
Deb

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Glad you had a safe trip! Welcome home!