Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sadness

I sponsor 2 youths in Guatemala through Compassion International. N is 14 years old, female and from an area about 3 hours outside of Guatemala City. J is from Mixco, male and 15 years old.
Yesterday I got an email from Compassion, N has told the staff at her project that she is not going to continue with her schooling instead she is getting married.
I was supposed to be meeting her in 3 weeks, but she will not be coming. I don't know any more than this. I will be meeting J in 3 weeks.

My heart breaks for N, for this choice she has made. I can only imagine what her life will be like, what difficulties she will face and it makes me so sad. So sad that she would make this choice. I am praying that she will change her mind, that she will choose school, that she will choose a different path.

Would you pray for N?

Love to you,
Deb

No comments: