Friday, December 19, 2008

Random comment heard in our house this week

Bug has been on a tear this week and has had some very interesting things to say:

Heard from the bedroom long after he should have been asleep: "Momma, I don't want Santa to come to our house"

When asked why he does not want Santa to come to our house, his response: "cause I want to be bad"

I was not sure how to respond to that, but in retrospect it makes me laugh. He has it figured out that I am using Santa watching him to influence his behavior- he is getting too smart for his own good.


I went shopping today- I forgot that we have 2 parties next week that I have to Santa gifts for him, one on Monday and one on Wednesday. I have a gift for the Wednesday party, but nothing for the Monday party. So at lunch, today I headed to the toy store. Apparently every parent in the area had the same idea, because the parking lot was packed and the store was full.
I picked up some playdooh and a bowling game for him- I figure Santa needs to bring more than a motorcycle to our house. So now Bug will have 3 gifts under the tree and 2 gifts before Christmas.

After work, we headed to the book store and to the mall. Before Bug, you could not pay me to go to the mall during Christmas. I worked retail for a number of years and going to the mall during Christmas is something akin to a punishment. But it was actually pretty good. We bought some books for the trip to Guatemala, then headed to the mall to buy Pap's gift certificate. We ran into the Children's clothing store and I found a sweater and pair of cords that Bug is going to wear on Christmas eve- he is going to look too handsome. I also picked up a fleece jacket for him since none of the jackets he has now have both a hood and pockets. We need a fleece jacket for the car because buckling him in the car seat with a huge winter coat on is not right - actually it is pretty bad according to the all safety sites.

We came home and watched a movie and Bug headed to bed at 10 pm- the whole time telling me he was not tired and he was not going to sleep, he was going to rest. Well he is now resting with his eyes shut, so he must have been tired.

Love and hugs,
Deb

No comments: