Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The night before Christmas Eve

Just a quick reminder of Last year's Christmas- Santa on Christmas Eve The gift last year- the train set.



Tonight we had no plans- thank goodness because the road were a mess when I went to get Bug. The normal drive time is 15 minutes each way- all surface roads- lots of traffic lights. Tonight, it took 2 hours to drive over and drive home. There are interstate highways that have been closed for 6 hours now due to the ice. This is the one thing I really, really dislike about my area- we get more freezing rain and ice than we get snow.


Snow I can deal with when i am driving, but ice and freezing rain is not pleasant at all. My neighborhood roads were scary- I was very concerned. Once I got to the main roads, things got better. On the way home, things were much better but all the interstates were closed due to accidents, so the surface roads were filled with lots and lots of cars.




Once we got home, we played, had dinner and I made the dessert for our extended family Christmas party. It looks awesome- the best fruit tart I have ever made. Pictures tomorrow.




I am off to bed now, tomorrow is the big day- Christmas eve.

No comments: