Monday, June 4, 2007

Worrying already

OK- we have been home 3 days and that is not a long time, but I am concerned that I am not seeing signs of deeper grieving.
Little Bug eats anything I put in front of him- he might not eat much, but he eats. Although he asks for "pan" all the time. Tonight he got fruit both times instead of bread that he wanted.
He cries when he sees pictures of his 'first family", but if we leave the room or the computer screen switches to another picture, he stops.
He does not have night terrors, he laughs and plays, he makes eye contact. Everything I would expect him not to do. Oh, he also continues to talk in Spanish and is picking up English words- like NO, bye-bye, etc.

I am worried that I am missing something. He did want to go out in the stroller 3 times today and asked again to go out while it was pouring down rain. I wonder if the stroller is a soother.

Mam and Pap came over today- Little Bug loves Pap and already calls him by name. I think this is related to Little Bug missing Popi so much, that the primary man in my life is now the primary man in Little Bug's life. My sister and her husband and son came over tonight. My sister will be Little Bug's day care provider when I go back to work, so it is important that Little Bug start interacting with her and her family.

I will try to post pictures tomorrow.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

5 comments:

Heidi said...

You will be amazed at how resilient these little guys are. Elijah was 10 months when he came home and had absolutely no adjustment problems at all. We did make the mistake of showing him the video tape of the last time he saw his foster parents, and he cried and cried so we turned it off. We didn't show it again to him for a long time, and he gradually just forgot. So I wouldn't worry too much- he just knows he is loved by you!

LisaH. said...

HI Deb, I think your little Bug is doing pretty good. Kids are resiliant, having seen them go through so much trauma in my job over the years. He may go through some delayed processing of info possibly, but I take all the good transitioning because YOU and his first family LOVE him so much! I have seen kids who's biological and non-biological families who say they love them but really truly do not and the reactions of the kids is seen quite easily. He sounds like he is comfortable with you now and is loving you, just soak it in...........I am glad things have gone so well for the two of you!

Lisa

Candy said...

CONGRATS on getting home...Sounds like he doing WONDERFUL...Hugs Candy and Kya Blu

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

He is so adorable. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

JuJu - said...

Deb -
I am going on a limb and saying this is an answer to some big ole prayers:) I think your amazing love for him and your strong faith are making the difference. You have loved and prayed for this child for a long time and I think you are seeing the fruit of the seeds of love you planted. Love is a powerful thing -

I am so happy that you are together - just the way you should be - welcome home and enjoy all of the new firsts with Little Bug and hug him for us:)

Julia and The Crew:)