Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Catching up

OK- here are the pictures!!

Typically breakfast for Little Bug- 1 scrambled egg, bacon, milk, fruit and bread- notice the bread and fruit are not in the picture. He eats those first. I think he would be happy if every meal was bread and fruit. Playing with Jason right after Jason finished cutting the grass for me. Little Bug thought it was exciting to watch Jason cut the grass and now he wants a lawn mower. My sister has one in her shed that is for toddlers- blows bubbles when it is pushed- so he'll be getting that one. I sure hope he is still excited about cutting grass when he gets older- it will certainly be one of his chores around the house.
Finally, the official Home Depot shopping photo- I know someone of you have been waiting with anticipation for this photo. I love shopping at Home Depot- it is my favorite store and I refused to take a picture of Little Bug at the store until he was in one of these shopping carts. We love Tony Stewart and the #20 NASCAR team!!!!
Little Bug needs 2 steering wheels to keep his car under control.
So, why did we go to the store- to buy a room darken shade for his room. His room gets the afternoon sun, so when he goes to bed at 7:30 in the summer, it is still very, very light outside. Hopefully, the shade will help him go to sleep faster and stay asleep longer in the morning- the 5:30 am wake up call from his room is becoming a little too routine. but, we also walked out of the store with this totally awesome floor rug for his room. He can run his cars all over the town and it has train tracks for Thomas the Tank engine train. He and I spent a good time this evening playing with his cars on the rug.


Little Bug continue to settle in. I see more an more relaxing on his part each day, although we have out moments when I see an exhausted little boy. He really should nap for 2 hours each day, but he wakes up after 1 hour, so he goes into the evening pretty tired, but not willing to go to bed. I think this is toddler behavior, totally unrelated to his adjustment. We are still working on getting a routine for our day. The biggest change for me has been realizing that he is hungry when he asks for bread during the day- so I have to watch that he eats enough at lunch to get him through until his snack and the snack has to get him through until dinner. This seems to be the problem area for us. He is eating just about everything I feed him, so it not an issue of picky eater, just me not recognizing his eating habits and adjusting appropriately.

I think that is all for tonight. Love to you all,

Momma Bug

PS- for Little Bug's first family- thank you for allowing me to use your pictures- I will post them this weekend as you are so very much loved by Little Bug and me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb~
I've been MIA for a couple weeks and am finally catching up on blogs. Glad to hear the work transition is going well. I love seeing the pics of Little Bug. He is too cute. We were in GC last week for another visit trip. We had a great time, but of course it was hard to leave. Hope all continues to go well and I'll try to keep up with your blog on a more regular basis.

All the best!
Caryn

Oh, by the way, I deleted my original blog a couple of weeks ago, but started a new one today. Come visit us if you get a chance.

Derek and Jennifer said...

Deb,

Let me just say the room darkening stuff works!!! We were having problems this summer getting Elena down at her 8pm bedtime because it was too light in her room - no to mention her getting up around 6 am. Now we have a room darkening curtain that makes the room very dark all the time. She's back to her 12 hours of sleep a night and naps are better too. Not only is it good for her sleep, but she's much less fussy when she's rested. Hope it works for you too!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Looks like things are going good for you and Little Bug. Love the #20 cart.

Anonymous said...

HI there, I dont go to the blog just to see pictures! I want to read your interesting comments about each picture also! Room darkening works well to trick the little one's into sleeping longer and better, just remember if you go in at night its really dark and its hard to see those little toys on the floor that bring tears to your eyes when you step on them at 3am!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to have you back in class on Sunday's I miss having you there!

See you soon.
Lisa