Thursday, June 14, 2007

OK, OK, here is the update

Pictures from the Pool today This might be OK- but I am not committing myself to the water yet- I'll just crouch here for a while.
Well- maybe I like this
Yes, I am liking this pool in the backyard- thanks Mam and Pap for the Pool
Yes, it is definitely the way to cool off in 90 degree heat
Here, Momma, you look like you could be cooler too- let me splash you!!!


Well, I have gotten a number of emails from you all asking how things are going. So here is the recap:


Wednesday- Little Bug had no nap- this lead to a very tired and cranky Little Bug by the end of the day and one very tired Momma Bug from the start of the day since he did not sleep well Tuesday night. Little Bug's favorite word (only word) on Wednesday was "Momma" and where ever I was, that was where he wanted to be- and I do mean every where. If I was sitting on the couch- he was right in front of me saying "Momma" over and over again. I thought I was going to lose my mind. Apparently this is normal behavior and it is on top of his grieving, so I did an attitude check later in the day and we're doing much better.

Wednesday night, he was asleep by 6:30 (thanks to the no nap) and I thought for sure I was in for a rough night, but he slept the best since he has been in the crib. We both woke up this morning feeling much better.

Thursday: I will consider this a break through day- Little bug took a bath (standing up) and he played in the pool. He is now asleep, hopefully tonight will be as good or better than last night.


I am scheduled to talk to my boss tomorrow about my return to work next week- I will be going back part time. I will say that working from home has advantages. I really wish I could stay off another week at least, but my company was gracious enough to give me this time even though I have not been with them for a year- they could have said no to me being off for 3 weeks and then working part time for another 4-6 weeks. I am grateful for their support. My goal before Little Bug came home was to work during his naps, but he does not nap consistently- so I am going to carve out 2 hours in the morning and then another hour in the afternoon and 1 hour after he goes to bed for my work. It is not what I hoped for and I am praying that my boss will OK this schedule. Next week, when I start back, my sister will be coming over in the morning- so that will allow Little Bug to get to know her more, me to work and Little Bug have me present. Then we'll go over to her house for a little while, so he gets used to going there. After next week, I would like to take him for 2 hours a day to settle in with her and the other kids she watches (they are on vacation next week) and then pick him up and bring him home. We'll see how this transition goes- this will be hard for both of us.


I will have to say that I see signs that Little Bug is settling in more and more, but at the same time, his grieving is much more apparent now, which is rough on us both. I don't know what triggers his grief, I can only hold him and he can't tell me what he is feeling. We'll get through this, but we would appreciate all your prayers. The social worker was here Tuesday and she never got to see who the Little Bug really is since he was so quiet. I am still going to take the next 2 weeks off from church, just to settle in with him, but if you are in the area- please call, we are accepting visitors now. Little Bug is up at 6:30 am and goes to bed between 7-8 pm.


Love to you all,

Momma Bug


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought. After Steven came home my sister also came over probably about 3 weeks later and things weren't well after she left. He seemed very confused that we (mom and dad) might be leaving or something i am not sure. It really did take Steven about the 6 weeks in suclusion that they (FTIA) recommended to us. No one was aloud in the house, that was Steven's safe haven. We only talked to people in the yard. We also tried not to over stimulate him for those first 6 weeks. Some people may say he got board but we loved playing one on one with his toys. We didn't venture anywhere. Yes, Steven was much younger... but if any way at all, you might want to consider some of this. You guys are in my prayers.

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Looks like he is doing great!!