Friday, June 22, 2007

Thank God it is Friday

Pictures from the last few days:

Taking a ride through the backyard in the wagon- Right after this, Little Bug decided that he was not going to sit in the wagon and his ride ended for safety reasons. He was not a happy young man when the ride ended.
Inside, his new nickname is "basket head". For a kid who does not like hats, he sure likes to wear household items frequently.
Walking in Momma's shoes. I am going to save these pictures as he is wearing my grass cutting shoes and I will need the pictures when he is older and he is complaining about having to cut the grass.
Hanging out in the snowman chair. Auntie Laura bought this for him before I even had his referral. It was a Christmas present in December 2005. At the time I was not pleased about getting a present for a baby that would not come home until 2006, little did I know that I toddler would come in 2007 and fit the chair perfectly.
Shoveling dinner in his mouth. I made pot roast, mashed potatoes and peas for dinner and he loved it. He could not get the food into his mouth fast enough. The spoon does not work for him, it does not get enough food in his mouth fast enough. I think this will be a favorite meal. I cooked the roast in the slow cooker and the house smelled wonderful all day.
I think Little Bug might be getting sick- he was tugging on his ear today and he took an extra nap. He did not tug on his ear all day, just at points in the afternoon, so I am going to watch him tomorrow. it could just be that he was reacting to all the changes this week with me going back to work.
Tomorrow, we are going back to underpants- no diaper. This evening, he was telling me he had to go potty every 5 minutes and when I would take him to the potty, he was going on the potty. So he is ready to be out of the diapers again. According to Senora M. and her family, he was practically potty trained when I arrived in Guatemala. I think he was only wearing diapers at night. So we'll see how it goes. I have pullups in case we leave the house.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Deb, potty trained at 18months for a boy!!!!! WOW is all I can say about that!!!!! He is so dag gone cute, I love the pictures and cant wait to see him in person, I hope I dont scare him cause I just cant wait to hug him! I hope he is not getting sick on you, maybe he was just tired from all that eating and playing he has done this week, sometimes they just need to refuel themselves from time to time and an extra nap is the trick. We just went to see Surf's Up at the movies, its cute but it I would have been ok with just waiting for the DVD. The kids liked it though. I will talk to you soon.

Lisa. I am signing as anonymous cause I cant remeber my user and passwords!

Anonymous said...

Hey Momma Bug!

You may want to have his ears checked. Elianna had double ear infections pretty much the full 6 mo. before they finally did tubes. I've heard the GT kids are more prone to ear infections but not sure if that info is accurate. We'll keep our fingers crossed that he is not getting sick! Give him a big hug from us.

Gotta run, someone has decided that Mommy does not need to sleep tonight....hmmm

Love,
Ann and Miss Crankypants

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

He is so adorable. I love the eating picture. Too cute!! WOW, potty trained already!! That is awesome.