Wednesday, June 27, 2007

US citizen and a new car!!!

Little Bug and I got home this evening after running some errands and there it was- the envelop from the US Department of Homeland Security. I was not expecting this envelop for another 3 weeks. Inside the envelop was the best piece of paper I have seen- Little Bug's official US citizen document!!!!!! Now I can get a social security card for him and a passport. Then in 5 more months, I can complete a re adoption here and he can have a US birth certificate. This is important for years from now when he needs a birth certificate to obtain things like a passport as an adult- this way he does not have to request one from Guatemala. I am so happy- it is all official and it come in time for me to get his documents before the rates for the documents go up on July 30th. He is officially a US citizen!!!!!!

Now, on to our errands- Little Bug needed some shorts- it is way to hot here and even though I love little boys in overalls- they are a pain when potty training. So my mom and headed out to the consignment store to use up the credit I had from selling clothes that Little Bug out grew before he even came home and got to wear them. Well, that store was unexpectedly closed, so we tried another store I know- it had moved. So we decided to take a chance and try a new store that I had been meaning to get to. We headed over there and hit the mother load for shorts. Little Bug is now set. he also saw a toddler bed shaped like a fire truck that he really wanted, but his crib converts to a toddler bed, so he is going to have deal with what he has now. Ont he way out the door, we looked at the toys set up for display and Little Bug spotted his dream- a car of his own. He headed straight for it and was riding it as best he could in the confined area. Well, Momma could see he wanted it and it was a good price even before the sale price was factored in, so $8.00 later, Little Bug has his own car. He wanted to keep on riding it, he was so upset when I put it in the truck of my car to take home. Once home, he wanted on the car so fast- he did not even remember that he told me that he needed to go potty all the way home. He took the car up the block and around the corner (7 house total- 30 minutes of hard work) and he was so happy. He wanted to ride the car up the stairs into the house and then when I brought the car in the house, he had to continue riding it. I think he likes it. As he was getting his bottle tonight, he kept pointing at it and smiling and saying VROOM-VROOM. I think I have found the toy he loves.
The car has so many buttons that make noise- he loved it!!! I ma not sure he will do anything else tomorrow except ride the car.

Potty training is going very well- he tells us when he has to go and is usually correct. If he makes an attempt and does not go to the potty, all I have to do is tell him "no pee-pee" and he sits back down and goes. He is really working hard at this. We are still working on notification for poop-poop, but he doe let us know right afterward that he has gone- so there is very little mess to clean up.

I can not believe that today marks 4 weeks since our embassy appointment. Friday will be 4 weeks home. It seems like it was both just yesterday and so long ago. It is such a praise to have him home and to be a family. God is great and perfect and his timing in bringing us together as a family was and is perfect. I can not imagine not having Little Bug at this age- he is still young enough to baby at times, but at the same time, he is showing his independence in trying new things. Others might wonder if I miss the time he was not with me, if I regret not having him home at an earlier date. I don't miss it- mostly likely because I do not know what I missed, but also because each day we have our firsts together as a family and I am focused on that. Also, I prayed for God's timing in this, and while I struggled in accepting the timing at various points, I look back at my journal and see how I prayed that God would give Little Bug foster family the time they needed with him, that Little Bug would have the presence of a strong man in his life at an early age (Thank you Senor C.) and how much I knew that God had a plan and his plan was perfect. So , no, I don't regret the time, the moments from Little Bug's first months- they are in God's hands and as Little Bug asks or I need information, his first family is there to answer us and provide the missing information. God bless you Carlos, Mireya, Suzy, Karla, Andrea and the rest of your family- you are gift and blessing to Little Bug and to me. May God's blessing be poured out on you 100 fold for the love you poured out for Little Bug.

On to the pictures.



Watering the plants on the porch- while it rained today- it came straight down and there was no wind, so the plants on the porch needed water.
Little Bug has the little water can (looks like a lady bug) and Jason has the big can- I watched and Jason only filled Little Bug's can up once- kind of defeats the purpose of allowing him to water the plants if he has no water.
Look Momma- I watered the plants.
My new car!!!!!! A Cadillac
Out in the front of the house
I am on the road to a new life!!!


I am going to title this one- MOMMA, YOU ROCK for getting me this car!!!!Riding around in the house before bedSee all the buttons- everyone makes a noise or lights up.That is all for tonight-

Love to you all,

Momma Bug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to A. on his citizenship.
God Bless the USA!!

Won't this be a special 4th of July for your family!!

All the best,
Caryn

Anonymous said...

Congrats to our newest citizen!!! Starting out with a CADILLAC?!?!? Not too shabby there. ;) Aidan gets more handsome every day. Tonight Elianna waved at his picture and said "HI". I see the flirting is starting early. Good choice, I totally approve.

Big hugs from us to you
Elianna will blow Aidan some kisses too.

Ann and Elianna