Wednesday, June 6, 2007

First Doctor's visit

First the pictures:

Morning walk- 8:20 am for those of you who might be in the area
Throwing the Diego Doll onto the love seat- the doll is a body pillow and is about 3/4 of Little Bug's size
Mr. Cool in the shades momma bought for him today as the sun is in his eyes on our morning and evening walks.
Afternoon/evening walk- the temperature went up about 20 degrees from where it was in the morning.
This is 10 minutes later in our walk- Little Bug slept most of the walk and then another 30 minutes when we got home.

Today started at 6 am for the Little Bug, better than the day before, but not what I was hoping for. He did go back to sleep after taking a couple of ounces in his bottle, but we were up and out of bed at 7:30.
By 8:20, we headed out for our morning walk- I walk through the neighborhood, various routes each time. I have noticed that going out on the walk, the sun is not in his eyes, but no matter how we come back to the house, the sun is in his eyes. So, I decided that he needed a shade on the stroller, so I took a small blanket with us, it did not work.

He had an appointment at the doctor's office at 10 am, so at 9:30 we needed to head out. I knew there would be insurance forms to fill out and I was right. The doctor said is in excellent health and right on target. He is 34 inches tall and 24.6 pounds. I was hoping that the doctor would draw a blood sample for titer testing and blood levels, but she prefers that Children's Hospital do that. Our appointment there is not for another 6 weeks. I guess we will wait, but I am going to call to see if there are any earlier appointments. My reasoning for wanting the blood tests now is that I was told by Children's that it would save me time at the appointment in July. The appointment is scheduled for 2-3 hours, but I have been told by friends to expect to be there all day. Yeah fun (sarcasm intended).
Little Bug got his first shot here in the US. He was given the TB skin test as his immunization record does not show the vaccination on it and even if he got it, it would be different than the one given the US. I am praying that he has the correct reaction so that he does not have to be on the anti TB medication for 9 months.

We made a quick trip to Mam and Pap's after the doctor appointment because I forgot that I had hot water in his bottle to make him a pacha. So we stopped at their house for water and some quick loving after the shot- which by the way, he never made a sound about it. The nurse said she had never had a kid not cry and then smile and wave good bye to her after a shot. Poor Little Bug.

On the way home, I stopped at Target and carried a sleeping Bug through the reconfigured baby section looking for- car screens (the ones my sister picked up are too big and he gets sunlight in his eyes, sunglasses for our stroller walks, a potty training seat for the toilet- he will not use the potty chair my sister brought over, some other little things, but I forgot the slippers for the house. So, I will have to send someone out for those as I think Little Bug is not liking the trips out- for various reasons.

We had a great afternoon playing, reading, snacking ( I have lost 10 pounds since he came home) and just being together. Around 4:30, he wanted to take a ride in the stroller, so off we went. We made it half way and he was out sleeping. He never woke up when we came home. I fixed dinner and he slept on through it. So I ate alone. At 5:30 I was going to wake him up, but he woke up and he was not happy. he was pretty upset and has stayed that way the rest of the night. He did eat dinner- Lisa, thanks for the tips, we tried one tonight and he ate about 1/4 of his veggies- more than I expected. I will keep trying them based on what you sent, hopefully we will settle in on what he likes.
Thanks Karen for the suggestion, I am going to follow up on that this weekend, hopefully it will help with the grieving.

I am hoping that most of tonight's emotions were driven by the shot this morning and that he just wanted to be comforted. It is not that I was not comforting him, it is just that he wanted someone else to be in my place.

We continue to work on bonding as a family.

Thanks for you love and support.

Love to you,
Momma Bug

5 comments:

JuJu - said...

WOW - what a day!!!!!!!! Looks like he is a healthy little bug:)

Praying for you guys:)

Julia:)

Anonymous said...

Deb, Hang in there! Sounds like you guys are making progress. I remember all the work when we brought our boys home at 14 months. You'll get there...and it is so sweet when you do! Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Deb, Hang in there! Sounds like you guys are making some progress. I remember how much work my boys were when they came home at 14 months old. It's hard, but soooo sweet when you get there. I'll be praying for you guys.

Angie said...

You lost 10 pounds??? Wow, I want to do whatever you are doing! Thanks for keeping your blog updated. I love to read about your daily life.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb and Aidan,

Love the pictures...he is such a cutie. You better not cut those curls off before we get to meet him!!! Like Angie said, thanks for blogging. It is so nice hear how things are going. Hang in there.

Bigh hugs from us to you,
Ann and Elianna