Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday update

Here are the pictures for you all to enjoy

This is the Little Bug playing with bug toy. I thought it was cute when I looked at it at the store, but it is not so sute in person- the song never skips to a point where Little Bug can just play with the lights and sounds- it always goes through the song and then tells him he is wrong for not pushing the button/shapes in the correct sequence of the song. But he does like it and I can see the value as he comes to understand English more. Thanks Stephanie for sending this to us.


The softiest 2 year old (almost) feet the doctor has ever seen. There is not a single callous on this foot, it is as soft as the day he was born. We are working on toughing it them up.
"I can not hear the music, turn up the volume". Little Bug walked around my parents living room for 20 minutes with this up against his ear. It was too cute.
He had his first taste of Graeter's ice cream tonight- loved it. Here he is eating his ice cream - strawberry chocolate chip, but he was licking Pap's Butter Pecan cone too.

Update on sleeping:

It took 90 minutes to get the Little Bug to sleep last night, he slept until 1:20 and then it took another 10 minutes to get him back to sleep. At 4:30, we woke up again, and I brought himinto my bed- big mistake. We got up at 6:30 am. I realized as soon as I set him down in thebed, I had done the wrong thing.

Tonight, it took 20 minutes for him to fall asleep. This week, mom and I are going to the store to buy a crib activity set so that when he wakes up, he can sooth himself back to sleep. I am not sure how tonight is going to go over all, he did cry when I put him in the crib, but I have been making him cry all day-without meaning to.

I filled his wading pool with water this morning- thinkng we might use it this afternoon- well, I hope no one was sleeping in my neighborhood, becuase he screamed and fussed so much, I finally took him inside and finished filling the pool when he took a nap. This evening when we went out to play, he nearly had a melt down until I pointed to the pool and siand NO, NO, NO repeatedly. I can not figure out this adversion to the water. I will continue to try the bath and pool options.

Little Bug is down to 2 bottles a day, one beofre nap and one before bedtime. Tonight he also finished his milk at dinner, so that transition seems to be going well.

Notmuch more to say, other thank you for yuour continued prayers and please look at the post previous to this one for a way to help 2 families.

Love to you all,

Momma Bug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb, you were talking about getting an activity for his crib. Well, Steven loves the fish aquarium that hangs on the side of his crib. He has loved it since he has been home. When he wakes up he can either play with the little buttons on it or make it come on. There are different songs on it along with ocean sounds. He changs them himself now when he wants to. If he is to tired he just kicks the button and the aquarim comes on. Sometimes the fish swim and it makes bubbles too. It just depends on where he has all his buttons set. It even puts me back to sleep so I guess it works. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

Debbie!!! This is so exciting!!! Your boy is SO CUTE!!!