Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pictures from the last 2 days

I know that you are all waiting for pictures- so here they are.



Playing at the park yesterday- it was way too hot and there was no shade- more on that below. My mom was waiting to catch him at the bottom.
Me-Me had to go down the slide too.
Swinging- but watching Pap and all the other kids
With Momma
Playing in the wading pool in the backyard- a break through.
Hanging with Kermit and out for a drive at the Mall.Loving hanging out with Kermit.Reading with Big Bird at the Mall.

Driving with Spidey at the Mall- Little Bug would hang with Spidey but would not hang with the bears in the next car- he was actually freaking out over the bear.

General musings:

Little Bug slept better as did Momma Bug- although he decided today that 5:30 am was the perfect time to walk up. Just as he was going down for his nap, the social worker came for her 1 month visit- she came this week so that her report is done by the end of our first month together. Little Bug just looked t her and smiled- she asked if he interacted with me at all. He is just shy and until he warms up to people, he just smiles and waves at them.

Little Bug loves to wave at people, it is amazing to me how many people do not wave back. It really struck me the first few days back. Little Bug would wave at everyone at the Marriott in Guatemala and he always got waves back, but here, we could be standing right in front of a clerk in the store and the clerk will not even look at him. When did customer service become "don't look at the customer, don't interact with the customer"? It is very disheartening to see how hard he tries to engage people and how much he is ignored.

Today we headed out to Babies R US for some final things- Little Bug got to play at the mall. It was so much cooler indoors and the playgrounds near us have no shade on them. I understand to a certain extent the need for an open playground- but at the same time, some shade near the edge would be great so that people have a place to cool down or just rest. Little Bug loved the car rides, although he did not like the bears in the car next to the Spiderman car. At first he wanted to go ride it too, but as soon as he saw the bear, he freaked out. I also had m y first moment of "your kid pushed my kid". Little Bug was playing with some spinning wheels and this little kid- not much bigger than Little Bug came over and started slapping at him and finally shoved him. Mom was not paying attention to the little kid, and I kept telling him "gentle" and trying to move Little Bug away. Finally mom looked up and said "oh he is sorry". All I could think of was "yeah right, he is sorry". The little kid kept following us around and I kept trying to get Little Bug away from him, cause Little Bug was in full smiling and waving mode- "I want to be your friend". I was really ready to confront the mom if her son bothered Little Bug again.

Someone asked in response to my post about losing 10 pounds since I came home, how I was doing it. The short answer is that I only eat what the Little Bug eats- not extra calories for me;
a typical day is:

1 egg scrambled, 3 pieces of Mandarin oranges, and 1/2 a dry bagel for breakfast

1 tortilla, 1 piece turkey, 1 piece cheese, 4 baby carrots for lunch

1/2 sandwich, some veggies, 1/4 of a banana for dinner

with a total of 1/2 of a banana for snacks (1/4 in the morning, 1/4 in the evening)

I might get 2 pieces of chocolate after Little Bug goes to bed, but that depends on how I am feeling.

I am also walking 20 minutes- 2x a day with Little Bug (he is in the stroller) and then we play around the house. We play fairly hard in the morning- me lifting him, swinging him, carrying him. The stroller is only used for our walks. I carry him when he go out or he walks- usually it is combination of both. My back is certainly stronger as are my arm muscles. I can feel the difference in my clothes- somethings are way to loose now. I hope I can continue to lose the weight.

I think that it all for tonight- love to you all,

Momma Bug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's so good to see that you're finally home - you and Little Bug look so happy. Things do get easier with the sleep.

Take care,

Kim P.
Tipp City, OH

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad to hear things are getting better. Love the pics. Keep them coming!!!