Monday, June 4, 2007

Still settling in

Little Bug in front of the garage
By the flowers in the front yard
Hanging on the porch swing with Me-Me
On the front steps
Playing with the ball a friend left for us
I think we are starting the open grieving process. I put pictures of Little Bug's foster family up in his room and each time I change his diaper, he crying when he sees the picture of "Popi", his foster father. We have a photo album in the front room and he purposefully opens it to pictures of the foster family. I had planned on calling the foster family last night, but we we both exhausted and went to bed at 7:30. I actually had a migraine due to the thunderstorms in our area- Little Bug was just worn out. He slept until 11:30 pm, then wanted a pacha, he slept again until 5:30 and then wanted more pacha. He is still sleeping now, and I should wake him up. We have to go get pictures developed and pick up the DVD that we dropped off on Saturday.
Mam and Pap came over yesterday and Little Bug had a great time with them. He was just about a asleep when they came over, so he missed his morning nap. Then a Friend stopped by right after church and left the huge ball for him (it really is 3/4 of his size), so he did not sleep. She did not come in, but he popped fully awake when I opened the front door to pick up the items she left on the porch. So he only had an afternoon nap. We slept on the couch from 1-3:30 pm. My goal was to stay awake until 9 pm., but my headache was so back I was going to be sick.
Today's plan is for naps to be in his crib, not on the couch. Updates on that later.
Food wise, Little Bug is still eating everything. He was pretty hungry yesterday afternoon. He likes his "pan" (bread). I think he would have eaten that for the whole meal. He had blueberry pancakes and sausage for breakfast, turkey, cheese, spinach tortilla (pan) and peach yogurt for dinner. More tortilla through the afternoon and more yogurt before bed. He also had about 8 bottles through the day. When he was stressed, he asked for a pacha (tu tu). I think this week will be the hardest. We are nearing the time at which he has gone back to the foster family at each of my visits and while he may not remember, I am sure a memory remains of this.
Please pray for us to continue bonding, that Little Bug will grieve as he needs to, please pray for his foster family as they grieve. I am learning that they have actually had him since he was 2 weeks old, not since he was 4 months old like I was originally told. So this time is especially hard for them. Little Bug and I are praying for them each night and they are never far from my thoughts.
Love to you all,
Momma Bug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just checking in on LB's updates. Sounds like he is one thirsty little dude. Maybe he could convince E. to drink more milk. Hope you're feeling better.

Big hugs to you from us,
Ann and Princess Tater Tot

JuJu - said...

It sounds like he is doing really well. I am so glad he is eating and sleeping for you - those are usually the hardest things and biggest signs of trouble. I have been praying for a miraculous healing of his heart and a supernatrual transition for him as well. I am praying for rest and strength for you too Momma BUg:):)

Julia:)