Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Rough 24 hours

First, the pictures which I know you are all waiting for

Pictures from yesterday

Feeding Pap some raisins
Whacking the balloons- the big one sings. Note to Mary Kelly, he only plays with it when I turn on his CDs.
Pictures from today

Playing on the slide I bought at a consignment shop- he was not certain of it at first.

preparing to knock his water bottle off the back porch steps in a variation of "watch Momma pick up my stuff" game.

Riding on the rocking horse that my mom's co-worker gave me last year. Little Bug loves it. It plays music and he has not found the control yet, so only I can control the horse having music or not have music.


Freaking out over the Big Boy statue. He was fine until he turned around and saw it, then he wanted away from it immediately.

So the last 24 hours have been rough on the Little Bug. He fell down the stairs to the front porch last night (only 2 stairs). We were waving goodbye to my sister and family who stopped over and Little Bug decided to throw the small ball at them, he lost his balance and slipped down the stairs before I could catch his arm- I did scratch him though, where I just almost had his arm. He was fine, I was a basket case.

He did not sleep well last night, which meant of course, that I did not sleep well last night since we are co-sleeping right now. Little Bug decided that 5 am was a perfect wake up time and he was up even after getting another bottle/pacha. So at 6:30 am, I decided that I could not keep him in bed any more and we got up and watched Sesame Street and Barney on cable on demand. By 8 am he wanted to ride in the stroller, so off we went through the neighborhood. We came home, played in the backyard, played in the front yard, played inside. We had some breakfast, that he was not enthusiastic about. Finally at 10 am, I decided to give him a bath. You would have thought I was torturing him. I decided to try co-bathing with him, not a good thing. Here is the funny part- wearing glasses is not recommended in co-bathing. He hated the entire ordeal. I hated it too. I don't think we will try that again.

11 am rolls around and I am finally getting him to sleep for a nap, when the phone rings- wrong number, then my sister called. I have to confess, I was feeling frustrated and she bore the brunt of it. I am sorry and I will call you tomorrow to talk about it. I think I am going to take the phones off the hook for nap times just so we both can sleep. Little Bug fell back asleep and woke up right after 12 noon. My parents called soon after (minutes after) and said they would be coming over early, if it was OK with me. So one pacha later, an almost sleeping Little Bug and Mam and Pap at the door. No more nap, but thankfully, one shower for me.

We were waiting on a call that never came, so after waiting, we headed out to Frisch's for dinner. Little Bug had cottage cheese- hated it, oyster crackers- loved them, pizza sticks- not really interested, but would eat them, and yes FRENCH FRIES from Pap (and OK, me too). I should say that he ate 2 bananas and one dish of mandarin oranges today, so he is getting his fruits, I just have not hit on the veggies that he likes. He eats breads, cheese and turkey. I tried whole milk yesterday and I think he had a slight reaction to it, so I am waiting for doctor's appointment tomorrow before giving him any more.

We headed home after lunch and Little Bug wanted to play on the porch- I think he is avoiding the inside of the house, he wanted to be anywhere but in the house today. So, back to playing on the porch, with the porch swing, which he sent swinging and it knocked him over. More shock there, but he certainly has a new respect for when Momma says NO, that something is going to happen. He fell in the house tonight, slipped on his slippers and that set him off finally with a good cry. It has been coming. He has been so upset with the pictures of his first family. I had to move some pictures around in his room. I moved one set into the hallway and moved that set into his room. There are still pictures of his first family on the wall, just not as many. It helped slightly. But after falling in the living room, he just wanted to look at pictures of Popa. We gave Popa and the family kisses and I think it helped a little more.

Tomorrow, we have the big adventure- the first doctor's visit. Oh the excitement!!!

Well, I am off to get some sleep too. Love to you all,

Momma Bug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear things have been a little rough. I hope the transition/adjustment gets easier for you and little bug! I love the pictures, he is sooooo cute!!

As another long-timer, I have to ask if you received comments from people who we're certain you must be getting "scammed". In the last 2 days, I've had 3 separate people make this comment to me. I have no idea how to respond since I can't punch them in the nose (which is really what I feel like doing). It makes me so angry. These people have never adopted and really know nothing about the process and I will be the first to admit that yes, our case has taken longer than it should, but I have no reason to believe we're getting scammed. And yes, I've tried using that exact response but then they just laugh or say something else ridiculous. Did you have to deal with this before you brought Little Bug home?? Any advice or suggestions?

Caryn