Sunday, June 24, 2007

New adventures- old friends

Pictures from the afternoon:

Little Bug had a play date with another little Guatemalan cutie- she and her mom came over for lunch (Pizza) and then play time. Little Bug was not too sure about this little cutie in his house, playing with his toys. And yes, at one point he crossed the line and earned himself a 90 second time in on the couch- many tears were flowing in the house at that point. After the tears and time in, he and MK were back at play- wherever she went, he went. He was not overly excited that she was playing in his house or with his toys. But, for a 22 month old, he did a great job sharing. MK shares very well for 18 month old- but she is already in day care and has been home for 6 months- not the 3 weeks that Little Bug has been home. All in all, I am very excited at how well he did. Friday night, we are heading over to MK's house for a play date with her, Y and hopefully N. 2 girls, 2 boys, 4 moms- it should be fun!!!
MK and her mom- Little Bug, very close in case MK goes after any other favorite toys. It was cute to watch.
Little Bug under the table, with his maraca loving that he found a new way to make noise.
Little Bug went to church today for the first time since we came home. I did not realize how much I missed church. We stayed for Adult Bible Fellowship (Sunday School) only, so I made sure we got to church early so we could go upstairs and listen to the praise team and band practice. Little Bug was bopping his head with the songs. I think he liked the band alot. You guys did great. We got to see lots of folks and say hi to everyone. He was a hit with the class. He was smiling a waving at everyone and he got lots of smiles and waves back. He made it through almost the entire class, then he wanted to go home. We left right after class- it was his nap time.
Of course, he decided once we got home, that nap time was overrated and he would play. Finally at 12:30, he decided it was nap time. We slept for 2 hours before we got a call that woke us both up.
My sister called to say that her brother in law, her husband's brother, fell off the roof of his house. They are not sure the extent of the brain injury- but his hands are pretty bad. He grabbed on to the gutter as he fell and it torn his hands up but probably saved his life. He likely would have died had he not grabbed the gutter. As it is, he still hit the concrete and is bad shape. Please pray for him- Scott and his family.

MK's mom called and we set up going out for lunch and then having them over for play time. I had already talked to my parents about going to lunch- so they came along too. Little bug devoured his pizza, the cheese bread and his juice. He was a hungry bug this afternoon. MK came back to the house and the kids played for 2 hours. It was so nice to have MK and her mom here- I missed talking with them. So now we are planning on dinner on Friday night- we were doing this before Little Bug came home, me and 3 other single moms. So we are back to weekly dinners. We have 2 new single moms, also adopting from Guatemala, who will be joining in the fun. It should be cool.

After everyone left and Little Bug was ready, we called his first family. Little Bug was ready for his bottle so he was not to interested in talking to his first momma- but he did say "HOLA", a bunch of other things- including "woo-woo" and "Bye-Bye" to her. he also blew kisses and waved bye-bye to the phone. We are going to try another call next week and I will make sure that Little Bug is not drinking a bottle at the same time. I was so worried that he would get upset and I would have set his bonding back, but he was fine- this is why I will call again next week. So long as he is not upset with talking to his first family, I am all for it. It can only help him to know that I love his first family and they are part of our family. I hope that we can continue these calls for a long time.

Well, it is getting late and I need sleep.
Love to you all,
Momma Bug

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are hoping to keep contact with Little Bug's first family. What a wonderful way to show A how much he is loved and to preserve the special bond he had with them! I love the playdate pictures. I'm soooo looking forward to playdates :)

All the best!!
Caryn

Anonymous said...

HI there, it was great to have you back in class at church. He is so cute! and he did so great sitting in class. Arianna is telling everyone at our sitters that she saw baby A. and how sweet he was to share his "Mi Mi" with her. She cant wait to come play with him! Well I am off to get this kids up to get ready to go to the sitters, I am on my way to work.

Lisa