Friday, June 8, 2007

How long does it take a Little Bug to go to sleep?

Little Bug is fast asleep in his crib right now- only a full 90 minutes after his bedtime adventure started.
It started in the big bed- I was too tired I thought to deal with the crib tonight- 2x hearing the pitter-patter of little feet down the hallway and it was off to the crib for him.

I took a lesson from Super Nanny and Nanny 911 (I think) and I sat beside the crib until he was drifting off, then I moved to the door way and then the hallway. Well, then all the tricks in the book came out- are kids programmed from birth with this reasons: first it was "pee-pee" meaning wet diaper- not the case, then it was water or TU (his word for pacha) which he had 10 ounces right before bed, so that did not fly, then he wanted ME-ME (already in bed with him), then he ran through the reasons again and again and again and again, then moved on to kisses, to throwing Me-Me and monkey out of the bed. Monkey is now sitting in the rocking chair for the night. Me-Me is safely tucked under his arm in the bed.

I never thought he would last 90 minutes- he was practically falling asleep during his bottle and then as I put him in the big bed. We'll see how he does through the night.

I promise to post pictures tomorrow.

Love to you all,
Momma Bug

3 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Hope the night is great for you and little bug.

Anonymous said...

ONLY 90 minutes....man, am I jealous!!!!!!!!!! LOL I think I have developed a permanent kink in my neck and a hunched back (sounds like a movie there) from trying to sleep in the rocking chair. Good luck with the sleeping issue! :)

Love,
Hunchback of Noblesville a.k.a Ann

Derek and Jennifer said...

Ann's comment made me laugh.

Tonight as I put Elena to bed and thought back to the days after she came home I realized how different it is now. I remember falling asleep in the rocking chair as she fell asleep in my arms.

Have faith that this is a phase and someday (in the not too distant future) you will look back on these days with fond memories!