Monday, June 11, 2007

Still working on going to sleep

It is Monday evening and Little Bug just went to bed. He has a new crib toy- thanks Karen for the idea. We are still spending a fair amount of time talking to each other for the first minutes he goes to bed. He yells- Momma and I answer back "Nite-Nite".
Tonight he is going to get to cry it out- yes shock of the life- I am going to let him cry it out. Last night he went to bed at 7:45 pm (he was falling asleep on the couch while we read books), he woke up at 10:30, 12:30, 1:30, 2:30, 4:30, 6:30 am. Momma was not a happy camper this morning and I could not wait for him to take his morning nap so I could nap too.

I hated the way I felt all morning, I was very upset with him for being up most of the night, I near tears all morning from being so tired, I just want him to sleep through the night so I can sleep through the night. He is not a baby who needs a bottle every few hours, his diaper does not need to be changed, he just is having trouble dealing with the change. Today was the first day that I was upset over the length of the process and what I had lost with this adoption. I kept thinking that if Little Bug had come home earlier in the process perhaps we would not be having these sleeping issues.
I can't really complain though, he has transition to 2 bottles (one before nap and one at bedtime) without any issues, he eats anything I give him, we play, he smiles, laughs, makes eye contact- it could be so much worse. I just want my sleep so that I can be the best Momma for him.


Love to you,
Momma Bug

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shoot! We could have talked our way through all the wakings last night. Elianna was on almost the same schedule.

Hang in there! I know the constant wakings can make you lose your sanity. Just remember, we are probably awake so don't be afraid to call anytime.

Love,

Ann and sleep resistant Elianna