Thursday, November 1, 2007

3 shots and still going strong (at least most of the time)

To follow upon our Halloween fun filled day- Little Bug got 3 shots about 2 hours before Halloween started. He got his MMR, Vaceriella (spelling?) and his flu shot. He got the first 2 because when the International Adoption clinic ran his blood titers, he was not covered to US standards. He got the flu shot in the hopes that he will not get a severe case of flu this season since he has no immunity to any bugs going around.

He did not like this doctor visit at all. 2 shots in one leg and 1 in the other- he was making sure we all knew how unhappy he was. But, amazingly, the tears stopped when we pulled into McDonald's. Yes, I bribed him. I felt it was important to give him something to look forward to after getting 3 shots. He was very happy to inhale (yes, inhale) his 'papas' AKA French fries.

After McDonald's, we headed to Mam and Pap's for pictures and a snack bag for Little Bug- since their house is on the way home, it was a quick stop. They gave him pretzels, raisins, M&Ms and some candy corn. He finished most of the pretzels while we handed out candy to the other trick or treaters.

Today he has been cranky all day- but he was like that yesterday too. I think the time change is getting to him. We "fall back" on Saturday night, and I have been keeping him up 30 minutes extra each night. Tonight we should have moved to 45 minutes later, but he fell asleep at 7:30. So, we'll deal with the time change this weekend as best we can. I can not say that his crankiness is due to either one thing or the other or both things combined. All I know is that he was a cuddle bug tonight when he was not having a melt down over the slightest thing.

In any case- this weekend is a busy weekend too. We are getting Christmas pictures taken Saturday morning so that they are back in time to send copies to Carlos, Mireya, Suzy, Karla and Andrea in the box I am sending down for Christmas. We have an agency function on Saturday afternoon and then Sunday I really need to cut the grass one last time (I hope and pray).

I hope you all had a wonderful Halloween- it sure looks like from the other blogs I read this evening.

Love to you,
Momma Bug

PS- I changed the font color to "go purple" in honor of Novemeber being National Adoption Month. I saw it on Margret's blog (go to Michelle's blog and then link to Margret). One of these days, I will get all the blogs I read on my page.

No comments: