Wednesday, October 31, 2007

It's Halloween Baby!!!! Tricks or Treats

Halloween started last night (30Oct2007) for us. My grand plan was to carve the big pumpkin while Little Bug colored the white pumpkin. Little Bug had a complete melt down when I attempted to put the painting smock on him and we ended up with him watching me carve the big pumpkin for the most part. Here I have cut the top off and he is looking inside.
Helping to scoop out the insides- he pulled out one seed and decided that he was done and needed his hands cleaned.
Really unsure of this pumpkin thing
Wrapped up just chilling while Momma does all the work.
After carving the pumpkin- we had bath time.

These are "bath tub drain, bath tub drain on the tub, who is the handsomest NENE in the land? he has suddenly realized that the drain is a mirror and he loves to look at himself in the drain.
The finished pumpkin. I was going for the pirate "ARUGGGGGGG" look on the face.
So proud of the pumpkin
HALLOWEEN:
Trick or Treating begins. This is M across the street (our house in the background). Little Bug is not sure why M is dressed like she is with her face colored green.

Meme hitting the first house for CANDY. He was not sure of this whole thing and did not get into the spirit of trick or treating until much later in the evening- while we were handing out candy.
After we were done- sitting on our porch with the pumpkins. We hit 5 houses for candy. there was no point in dragging him to all the houses. He is not allowed to eat most of the candy he got and more importantly, he had 3 vaccinations this afternoon and his legs were hurting.
Practicing before going out
More practicing

Our pumpkins lit up this evening

here they are with the flash on the camera providing light
Momma and Nene on the porch handing out candy- it was a good evening.
hanging out the candy
Telling the kids across the street to come 'trick or treat". he kept saying it to everyone as they passed by on the other side of the street. Our street is a circle, so the kids go down the other side and come back up our side. We handed out 8 bags of candy- we have a total of 8 pieces left in the bowl for Momma to eat.
That was pretty much it. Little Bug and I sat on the porch from 6:15 pm- 7:45 pm. We had tons of kids on the street- actually less than usual. I had expected to be done handing out candy by 7 pm- but I forgot that most of the churches in the area have kids clubs/AWANA/youth group on Wednesday nights and therefore they would have "fall parties" at the churches or community centers (which is what my church did). Next year- I will need at least 10-12 bags of candy and I will still run out before the night is done- although maybe next year Little Bug will be allowed to go to more houses.
I saw so many kids whose parents were carrying them or the bag of candy and all I could think of was- if your child is that tired from walking or can not carry their own bag, it's time to go home. You all remind me next year that I wrote these words- I am sure I will have to eat some of my words eventually.
Love to you,
Momma Bug



4 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Sounds like an awesome 2 days with Little Bug!!!

Nicole said...

Love the costume! Looks like you had a great 1st Halloween together! :)

See you this weekend!

Kathy said...

He is an adorable Mickey Mouse!! Too funny that your son was calling kids over to get candy.

Kristen and the Gang said...

How cute was little bug on Halloween!!! Love the pumpkin!